January 2019 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what to make of this but got sent this from someone who works in the game. Re FFP.

“New signings are being funded either being paid over a agreed term or getting money from loaning the u23/21 players out that brings in more money than the young players being paid.”

During / just after the pre-match interview with KR
Yes he said they were close. He never left the training ground until 8.30 on Friday trying to negotiate a deal. Hopeful that a striker would sign on loan in the next 48 hours.

I believe it’s 65% of income to wages. Transfer fees don’t come into it although if you pay loads for a player they probably want wages to match.

I think it's more complicated than that, transfer fees do come into it. For anyone with insomnia, the EFL FFP rules are here:

https://www.efl.com/-more/governanc...appendix-5---financial-fair-play-regulations/

If you scroll down to Part 3 which relates to League 1, the basic rule is:

A club's Player Related Expenditure (salaries etc) shall not exceed:
* 60% of the club's Relavent Turnover, PLUS
* 100% of the club's Football Fortune Income

The Football Fortune Income bit includes Net Transfer Income (Fees received LESS Fees paid out).
So if the club spends more in transfers than it recieves, Net Transfer Income is negative and therefore deducted from the club's Relavent Turnover.

This is further complicated by the fact that certain qualifying cash and equity injections can be included subject to meeting certain EFL requirements.

It all smacks a bit of smoke and mirrors allowing enough flexibility to let the big clubs off scot free and punish those further down the pecking order.

• React
Reactions: Ian
Also KR going to watch another player today..a striker shd think

• React
Also KR going to watch another player today..a striker shd think
This names a bit out there but I don't think it's Surridge he's gone to watch is there actually any confirmation that we are looking at him from a reliable source, I Would love him here but apparently Pompey are interested . I have a feeling that as bad as this sounds he may have gone to the Newport game to look at Padraig Amond.

This names a bit out there but I don't think it's Surridge he's gone to watch is there actually any confirmation that we are looking at him from a reliable source, I Would love him here but apparently Pompey are interested . I have a feeling that as bad as this sounds he may have gone to the Newport game to look at Padraig Amond.

Amond has just signed a new contract.

• React
Anybody on here with knowledge of FFP and how, suddenly, it's been communicated that OUFC could be near the limit in terms of what can be spent?

• I know it's based on income rather than expenditure - so not a measure of profitability.
  • Expenditure on infrastructure & youth teams are excluded? Areas where OUFC have spent in terms of the training ground, stadium rent etc. So this shouldn't be an issue.
  • Gate receipts: we're 12th in terms of L1 attendances. So mid-table.
  • Transfers: fees paid out are calculated across the duration of the contract. Brannagan, Dickie, Hanson - is this where we have over committed?
  • Other income: obviously we lose out on income generated from the stadium.
Perhaps we really need to sell an asset e.g. Nelson to give KR the flexibility to recruit within the rules.
I didn’t think transfer fees came into the budget the budget for wages was based on income generated by the club of which 65% was for wages

Few. The reason I'm not sure it is Surridge is because teams in better position have expressed an interest in him. Be delighted if I were to be proven wrong.

Surridge will get a lot of minutes with us...will be a big part player higher up

I think it's more complicated than that, transfer fees do come into it. For anyone with insomnia, the EFL FFP rules are here:

https://www.efl.com/-more/governanc...appendix-5---financial-fair-play-regulations/

If you scroll down to Part 3 which relates to League 1, the basic rule is:

A club's Player Related Expenditure (salaries etc) shall not exceed:
* 60% of the club's Relavent Turnover, PLUS
* 100% of the club's Football Fortune Income

The Football Fortune Income bit includes Net Transfer Income (Fees received LESS Fees paid out).
So if the club spends more in transfers than it recieves, Net Transfer Income is negative and therefore deducted from the club's Relavent Turnover.

This is further complicated by the fact that certain qualifying cash and equity injections can be included subject to meeting certain EFL requirements.

It all smacks a bit of smoke and mirrors allowing enough flexibility to let the big clubs off scot free and punish those further down the pecking order.
Seems I am mistaken over transfers I thought they were separate to the wage section
But I would lone to know how Fleetwood with their crowds can afford the players that have

Transfer fees received and spent are taken into account.
I’ve just realised but as someone pointed out yesterday on the funds Scunthorpe must have used so far in January as to whether they’ve breached the FFP rules

Seems I am mistaken over transfers I thought they were separate to the wage section
But I would lone to know how Fleetwood with their crowds can afford the players that have

By 'renting' out the offices at the ground to the owner's company for a significant amount.

I’ve just realised but as someone pointed out yesterday on the funds Scunthorpe must have used so far in January as to whether they’ve breached the FFP rules

Have Scunny actually spent that much? They're mostly loans aren't they apart from Hammill?

Have Scunny actually spent that much? They're mostly loans aren't they apart from Hammill?
But I recall 3/4!january windows ago they were struggling then all of a sudden the coughed up over 300k for Madden but as we have sod all I suppose we will never be a competing side, god Robbo has fucked up in the summer transfer window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom