January 2019 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last loan then

I posted as below in an old Fans View thread so not sure if everyone saw it, but is there documented, confirmed evidence of this eight loans thing? Eight loans at one time possibly, but over the season?

--------------------

From a cursory check online and a trawl through the official EFL regulations:

"Clubs are allowed to sign up to eight players on loan but can only select a maximum of five loanees in a match squad.
They can only sign a maximum of four players from a specific club, with only two being over the age of 23."

Above text is from a newspaper article. No mention however on whether the "eight" is at one time or over the season.

EFL Rules (https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/section-6---players/)

The following restrictions shall apply to Temporary Loan Transfers:
A maximum of 5 Players registered on a Temporary Loan Transfer can be named in the Players listed on a team sheet for any individual match played under the auspices of The League. This maximum shall reduce to 4 Players where a Club names a Player on the team sheet who is registered on an Emergency Goalkeeper Loan;
No Club may sign more than 4 Players on a Temporary Loan Transfer from another Club (or club) in any Season, of which no more than 2 Players may be over the age of 23. The deadline for determining a Player’s age in this respect shall be as at the 30th June prior to the Season in which the Temporary Loan Transfer is intended to take place. Any Temporary Loan Transfer which subsequently becomes a permanent transfer shall not count against a Club’s quota of such Temporary Loan Transfers for that Season;
Temporary Loan Transfers may include an option to acquire the Player’s registration by way of permanent transfer. Subject to Regulation 54.4.4, any such option can be exercised at any time (including during a Closed Period); and
An option in a Temporary Loan Transfer that was registered during the Extended Period cannot be exercised prior to the opening of the next following Transfer Window.

Again, nothing there about eight players in a season at any one club.

I posted as below in an old Fans View thread so not sure if everyone saw it, but is there documented, confirmed evidence of this eight loans thing? Eight loans at one time possibly, but over the season?

--------------------

From a cursory check online and a trawl through the official EFL regulations:

"Clubs are allowed to sign up to eight players on loan but can only select a maximum of five loanees in a match squad.
They can only sign a maximum of four players from a specific club, with only two being over the age of 23."

Above text is from a newspaper article. No mention however on whether the "eight" is at one time or over the season.

EFL Rules (https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/section-6---players/)

The following restrictions shall apply to Temporary Loan Transfers:
A maximum of 5 Players registered on a Temporary Loan Transfer can be named in the Players listed on a team sheet for any individual match played under the auspices of The League. This maximum shall reduce to 4 Players where a Club names a Player on the team sheet who is registered on an Emergency Goalkeeper Loan;
No Club may sign more than 4 Players on a Temporary Loan Transfer from another Club (or club) in any Season, of which no more than 2 Players may be over the age of 23. The deadline for determining a Player’s age in this respect shall be as at the 30th June prior to the Season in which the Temporary Loan Transfer is intended to take place. Any Temporary Loan Transfer which subsequently becomes a permanent transfer shall not count against a Club’s quota of such Temporary Loan Transfers for that Season;
Temporary Loan Transfers may include an option to acquire the Player’s registration by way of permanent transfer. Subject to Regulation 54.4.4, any such option can be exercised at any time (including during a Closed Period); and
An option in a Temporary Loan Transfer that was registered during the Extended Period cannot be exercised prior to the opening of the next following Transfer Window.

Again, nothing there about eight players in a season at any one club.
Somehow it has been said 8 in any season although I belier an emergency keeper can over ride that rule

Has to be a Striker, Mackie now got back problems, i'd rather player Whyte up front than Mackie. Whyte asked questions of the Brentford defence, Mackie didn't

• React
Reactions: sox
I often think a million spent between 3/4 players can often be extremely successful if the players deliver. Back in the 90’s in league 1 we signed Phil Whitehead, Matt Elliot , Phil Gilchrist and Paul Moody without spending as much as we spent onDean Windass a few years later. We did make a decent profit on Windass but eventually after he left we went down whereas the earlier example we got promoted and were pushing the play offs until the vultures started circling. We made loads when those players moved on although sadly it went on keeping us afloat.
you say sadly it went on keeping us afloat...as apposed to us going bust, I think thats a thankfully not a sadly.

So do I hope that January is a better month for signings, although we can only have one more loan signing, I just hope that if KR spends he spends it well. And as wiggy has said KR won’t spend a million on a player for L1 unless you’re scumderland or even Pompey but no reason why he can’t spend a million+ if that’s available from tiger on players if they’re available and what would be an investment for the future. But January there aren’t a lot of decent players available.

We can’t spend loads because of the FFP bullshit just saying...

you say sadly it went on keeping us afloat...as apposed to us going bust, I think thats a thankfully not a sadly.
True but I think you know what I mean, think what we could’ve done with that money in the transfer market.

We can’t spend loads because of the FFP bullshit just saying...
Can’t understand the ffp bullshit ( as you call it) I was led to believe that the ffp was income related ie you could only down I think it’s 65% for championship and lower and 60% for premiership clubs on wages the purchasing of players was up to the owners/ investors with the wage coming in from income related from the club gate receipts and sponsorship and so forth. So if Tiger was to spend a million+ that’s his business but the wages can only come from income generated through the club.

Can’t understand the ffp bullshit ( as you call it) I was led to believe that the ffp was income related ie you could only down I think it’s 65% for championship and lower and 60% for premiership clubs on wages the purchasing of players was up to the owners/ investors with the wage coming in from income related from the club gate receipts and sponsorship and so forth. So if Tiger was to spend a million+ that’s his business but the wages can only come from income generated through the club.

I know it’s complicated, don’t really understand how it works if I’m honest, just annoys me that the premierashit gets all of the big money

I know it’s complicated, don’t really understand how it works if I’m honest, just annoys me that the premierashit gets all of the big money
A classic example are Bournemouth breached ffp rules big time for a little club to get in the premiership with all the money that get from the premiership most has gone throughout the season on transfers and wages and with their spend this season I wonder very doubtful they will have a profit , it’s a complete joke.

A classic example are Bournemouth breached ffp rules big time for a little club to get in the premiership with all the money that get from the premiership most has gone throughout the season on transfers and wages and with their spend this season I wonder very doubtful they will have a profit , it’s a complete joke.

If turning in a profit was a criteria, then there’d hardly be any teams left!

Anybody on here with knowledge of FFP and how, suddenly, it's been communicated that OUFC could be near the limit in terms of what can be spent?

• I know it's based on income rather than expenditure - so not a measure of profitability.
  • Expenditure on infrastructure & youth teams are excluded? Areas where OUFC have spent in terms of the training ground, stadium rent etc. So this shouldn't be an issue.
  • Gate receipts: we're 12th in terms of L1 attendances. So mid-table.
  • Transfers: fees paid out are calculated across the duration of the contract. Brannagan, Dickie, Hanson - is this where we have over committed?
  • Other income: obviously we lose out on income generated from the stadium.
Perhaps we really need to sell an asset e.g. Nelson to give KR the flexibility to recruit within the rules.

Can’t see us signing a forward on anything other than a loan deal, we are in such a weak negotiating position (relegation threatened, only one senior non scoring sort of forward carrying a knock on our books, absolutely desperate in other words) that on top of the January premium we will be paying well over the odds for what is the most expensive position.

Robinson’s summer transfers were bad but up front they were truly awful. Be a kid I reckon, we just have to hope it’s one who can hit the ground running.

Can’t see us signing a forward on anything other than a loan deal, we are in such a weak negotiating position (relegation threatened, only one senior non scoring sort of forward carrying a knock on our books, absolutely desperate in other words) that on top of the January premium we will be paying well over the odds for what is the most expensive position.

Robinson’s summer transfers were bad but up front they were truly awful. Be a kid I reckon, we just have to hope it’s one who can hit the ground running.
We need experience we all know it no good signing another young lad with little or no experience,can only see relegation. I have no confidence in the current management.

Anybody on here with knowledge of FFP and how, suddenly, it's been communicated that OUFC could be near the limit in terms of what can be spent?

• I know it's based on income rather than expenditure - so not a measure of profitability.
  • Expenditure on infrastructure & youth teams are excluded? Areas where OUFC have spent in terms of the training ground, stadium rent etc. So this shouldn't be an issue.
  • Gate receipts: we're 12th in terms of L1 attendances. So mid-table.
  • Transfers: fees paid out are calculated across the duration of the contract. Brannagan, Dickie, Hanson - is this where we have over committed?
  • Other income: obviously we lose out on income generated from the stadium.
Perhaps we really need to sell an asset e.g. Nelson to give KR the flexibility to recruit within the rules.
I believe it’s 65% of income to wages. Transfer fees don’t come into it although if you pay loads for a player they probably want wages to match. It has been said before if we owned the ground as is we wouldn’t make much profit from it which is true although turnover would inevitably increase therefore we could pay more, for example say our turnover is 6 million we could pay 4 million in wages whereas if we owned the ground and turnover increased to 8 million our wages could increase to 5.33 million approximately. Obviously we would have lots of other expenses and would still need money to do ground etc. up. This is where other clubs like Fleetwood gain on us on use of ground.
I guess players like Holmes and Carruthers don’t come cheap likewise Browne and Garbutt. Of those only 1 has been genuinely successful so a lot of wasted wage so far.

• React
Reactions: Ian
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom