Ex Player James Beadle

I saw one comment on owls forum during the game that he looked terrified with the ball at his feet. Not really sure that captures him although last few weeks he looked a little more tense generally

I feel sorry for the lad.
He was enjoying his time with us, playing every match.
Good experience playing in a top six side.
His football knowledge was improving game by game.
Us fans had a lot of respect for him.
I really don't see what he's going to gain by going to a struggling Championship side.
I think it could be a backwards step for him.
I thank him for his time with us and wish him well for his future.

I really don't see what he's going to gain by going to a struggling Championship side.

If he had a full season with us there would have still be those who would have questioned whether he was ready for the Championship. He now has an opportunity to put himself in the shop window for a move to a top Championship side for next season.

• React
Reactions: MJB
I thought he was very good. Obviously there are still some areas to work on and he is pretty slight physically (due at least partially to him being only 19), but huge potential. Given his age and the longevity of goalkeepers in the game, I was a bit surprised to see him moved on so quickly - a first full season in the senior game with us would have been a pretty solid foundation for a move in the summer I'd have thought. I'm sure we all wish him luck though.

He's gone to Sheff Wed because Brighton want him playing in front of 25-30,000+ crowds to test him in that environment.

He's gone to Sheff Wed because Brighton want him playing in front of 25-30,000+ crowds to test him in that environment.
I understand your views.
I don't necessarily think it's the best shop window for him.
Playing in a rock bottom side trying to avoid relegation back to league 1.
Wednesday fans have a high opinion of themselves, there's going to be a lot of negativity around the place.
Not sure how it's going to help a 19 year old rookie keeper.

I understand your views.
I don't necessarily think it's the best shop window for him.
Playing in a rock bottom side trying to avoid relegation back to league 1.
Wednesday fans have a high opinion of themselves, there's going to be a lot of negativity around the place.
Not sure how it's going to help a 19 year old rookie keeper.
It's not my view, it's what Brighton said to OUFC when they told them that Beadle was being recalled.

The other thing is, I imagine, they want him tested in all sorts of scenarios including fighting relegation and the pressure and emotion that brings. There may be a time where Brighton have to fight relegation in the future and having a keeper with some experience of that situation would surely be an advantage.

The other thing is, I imagine, they want him tested in all sorts of scenarios including fighting relegation and the pressure and emotion that brings. There may be a time where Brighton have to fight relegation in the future and having a keeper with some experience of that situation would surely be an advantage.
Good point. I also think if he does well there, B&H could recall him in the summer and make him their #1 keeper, as they've alternated between keepers this season. Good luck to him. I thought he was fantastic. Seems a nice lad as well. I know it's all PR scripted, but he said all the right things about his time with us.

Brighton have a few goalies, he might not even play for them, but a 19 year old one who has shone in the championship is going to be worth a lot of money even if he never does.

Good point. I also think if he does well there, B&H could recall him in the summer and make him their #1 keeper, as they've alternated between keepers this season. Good luck to him. I thought he was fantastic. Seems a nice lad as well. I know it's all PR scripted, but he said all the right things about his time with us.
I would be a little surprised if he becomes Brighton No 1 for the next couple of years
He may well make it to the top, but I don't reckon he is ready yet

• React
Reactions: MJB
Brighton have a few goalies, he might not even play for them, but a 19 year old one who has shone in the championship is going to be worth a lot of money even if he never does.
When I was 19 I could barely tie my shoe laces

I understand your point of view.
I just feel it's a big shout for a young inexperienced keeper.
I guess you're right in the fact that Brighton will want him tested in all scenarios.

Again, I feel like I'm repeating myself from earlier in the thread.....

......but back in November, Sheffield Wednesday hired Sal Bibbo to be their new goalkeeping coach. Prior to that, he had been the GK coach for Brighton U21s.

I'm sure the step up in level and intensity had something to do with it, but I'm equally sure the move had something to do with getting Beadle back working with a coach that he knows and who Brighton trusted enough to have employed for the last several years.

Brighton clearly view Beadle as potentially their GK of the future, and they are going to do whatever they view is best for his development. For all that (judging from the results) Lewis Price looks to be a very sound coach, the bods at Brighton don't know him well......but they do know and trust Bibbo.

Sheffield fans not convinced Beadle is a step up from Dawson, I think Brighton may come to regret sending him there, better off leaving him here.
Hope it doesn't knock his confidence too much playing in that team.

Back
Top Bottom