Italy v Switzerland

001 Taxis - 10% discount for forum members
Are they that good or are the two teams they’ve played just been s**t I think it would be interesting if they had played a team abit better than the two they’ve faced

It will be interesting to see how they react to not having it all their own way, but yes, they are definitely good.

Good teams make matches look ridiculously easy, and often give the impression of doing little work.

Italy look very good.
But Turkey and Switzerland have both been awful.
Switzerland at times strolled round as if it was a friendly.
It will be interesting to see how Wales do against them (it's a shame that the result won't really matter though)

Italy look very good.
But Turkey and Switzerland have both been awful.
Switzerland at times strolled round as if it was a friendly.
It will be interesting to see how Wales do against them (it's a shame that the result won't really matter though)

Switzerland were comfortably the better team against Wales. They've made the knockout rounds of the last three major tournaments.
They're no mugs....Italy just made them look like it.

I think it's a short list of teams in this tournament that are not going to look like mugs against this Italy side (France, Belgium, Netherlands, maybe Spain, maybe Portugal.....and England, if we play as well as we can)

I think Italy have been given an easier group and seeing them running through both Turkey and Switzerland, it has given them a decent platform to build on for the rest of the tournament due to the charitable nature of some cavalier football.
But I am not sure that Italy are quite as good as some are saying.
Better tests lie ahead for them in the knockout stages.

I think Italy have been given an easier group and seeing them running through both Turkey and Switzerland, it has given them a decent platform to build on for the rest of the tournament due to the charitable nature of some cavalier football.
Wales may give em a better game?

I’m not so sure. What I like about this Italian team is the balance they have. They look strong in all areas and play with a lightness of touch. They could be the real deal.

Since 2020, they have played 15 times and conceded only twice. They’ve won 13 of those matches. Yes, the opposition at times has been for World Cup qualifying so of lesser stock but they they still have wins over the likes of Netherlands, Poland and now Switzerland in that run. It will be interesting to see how they get on against some of the big guns however I certainly regard them in the top three or four sides in the tournament thus far.

Switzerland were comfortably the better team against Wales. They've made the knockout rounds of the last three major tournaments.
They're no mugs....Italy just made them look like it.

I think it's a short list of teams in this tournament that are not going to look like mugs against this Italy side (France, Belgium, Netherlands, maybe Spain, maybe Portugal.....and England, if we play as well as we can)
Yes I see what you are saying but to me it looked like Switzerland believed that they had no chance and played like that.
Italy have had a ridiculously good record in the past 10 games (no goals conceded) but the test comes when they go one down against a decent team.
I would add Germany to the teams above. Nowhere near as good as they have been but they have enough good players and spirit to not be made mugs of.

I need to stop the Italy love-in now, because I really don't want them to win. I just think it's wishful thinking to believe that this Italy team is anything other than very, very good......

But a final statistic - alongside the already mentioned fact that they've now had ten consecutive clean sheets, they also haven't lost a game since 10th September 2018. That's 29 games ago. I think we all think that England have been playing well over the past few years, but we've lost four games in that same span. The Italians are a freakin' machine right now.

Back
Top Bottom