Italy V Spain Semi final

001 Taxis - 10% discount for forum members
I thought it was a good game (albeit not one of the best ever or anything) but still good - I’ve noticed on this forum there’s a tendency to say a game isn’t great if it’s low scoring, whereas if it’s a 3-3 or 4-3 then it’s automatically a great game all of a sudden. For me, a game is exciting if it has chances, end to end football, counter attacks, tackles, fouls, maybe a fight or two - pretty much everything the match had last night. Goals are important obviously but the ball can go in the net a few times without it necessarily being that good/interesting a game, and a 0-0 or 1-1 can still be pretty thrilling.

How are Italy shaping up for the final? Have they got there without injuries or suspensions?

I think after we beat Denmark tonight our attack will scare the crap out of the Italian defence we’ve got pace across the front 3 we’ve got shaw and Walker bombing down the flanks stick grealish or mount in behind the attackers and we will be to strong is it going to finally happen 🤞⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽

I think after we beat Denmark tonight our attack will scare the crap out of the Italian defence we’ve got pace across the front 3 we’ve got shaw and Walker bombing down the flanks stick grealish or mount in behind the attackers and we will be to strong is it going to finally happen 🤞⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽
I wish I shared your confidence.
I hope of course but experience shouts heartbreak.😬

I thought it was a good game (albeit not one of the best ever or anything) but still good - I’ve noticed on this forum there’s a tendency to say a game isn’t great if it’s low scoring, whereas if it’s a 3-3 or 4-3 then it’s automatically a great game all of a sudden. For me, a game is exciting if it has chances, end to end football, counter attacks, tackles, fouls, maybe a fight or two - pretty much everything the match had last night. Goals are important obviously but the ball can go in the net a few times without it necessarily being that good/interesting a game, and a 0-0 or 1-1 can still be pretty thrilling.

A great contest leading to a pretty entertaining game. Not a classic though.

A great contest leading to a pretty entertaining game. Not a classic though.
It was enthralling not a classic. Couldn't take my eyes off it. Best performance of the tournament by Spain by a mile. If they had a goal scorer....

No red cards last night, so no suspensions.
Spinazzola is very likely to miss the final, but don't know any others.
Yellow cards are annulled at the QF stage too, so any players on a yellow going into the semis are not at risk of suspension for the final (red cards are, obviously).
Spinazzola was operated on two days ago and is out for six months.

Yellow cards are annulled at the QF stage too, so any players on a yellow going into the semis are not at risk of suspension for the final (red cards are, obviously).
Spinazzola was operated on two days ago and is out for six months.
That was a nasty challenge

It was enthralling not a classic. Couldn't take my eyes off it. Best performance of the tournament by Spain by a mile. If they had a goal scorer....
Yep. Would have bet my entire street on Morata missing that penalty.

Looked like cramp.

Other than injuries, Italy looked shattered and had settled for pens very early in ET.

England can get at them. Think tonight will be tougher than people expect. The Danes are the highest ranked team we’ve faced so far at the Euros and won’t roll over .

Only a few months back they beat us at Wembley in the nations league.

Fortunately, in Southgate, we’ve a manager who is very very good at keeping the players grounded.

Just don’t listen to the media Gareth!

Looked like cramp.

Other than injuries, Italy looked shattered and had settled for pens very early in ET.

England can get at them. Think tonight will be tougher than people expect. The Danes are the highest ranked team we’ve faced so far at the Euros and won’t roll over .

Fortunately, in Southgate, we’ve a manager who is very very good at keeping the players grounded.

Yes, tonight will be hard. As with any 1 legged semi final it is 50/50 on who wins.

That Spanish striker should have stuck to playing golf.
Those two chances he missed in normal time were a crime against football... Even kip would have slotted those two.😂

And without spilling any of his KFC bucket.

No red cards last night, so no suspensions.
Spinazzola is very likely to miss the final, but don't know any others.
Spinazzola has had an operation on a ruptured achilles tendon, so I think a bit more than "very likely"

Well....if mous can play for four months with a torn ACL then surely this lightweight can turn out for one game
Bert Trautmann played on with a broken neck, modern footballers are soft.

Looked like cramp.

They did, but England had 2 players sent off in that game (McGuire and James) and Denmark only won 1-0, scoring from the spot (Eriksen).

I think we're a different prospect going forward now (and hopefully can avoid the red cards this time!).

But yeah - staying grounded is key and Southgate will do that and has instilled it in the entire squad. More than any manager in recent history he has earned the right to be trusted on his decisions.

Back
Top Bottom