Turkey v Italy Matchday thread.....

001 Taxis - 10% discount for forum members
I know it's been said before but....

26 in Euro squad.

23 in the MATCH DAY squad.

22 to last a whole season in League 1.

A plan to drop that to 20 for the WHOLE SEASON.

Absolutely f*****g insane.

Italy look very good indeed. It'll take a good side to knock them out.

Turkey look utter bobbins. Wales ought to be fancying their chances.

John Champion is commentating on US TV, and he says this is the first time ever that Italy have scored three goals in a single Euros game.
Hard to believe.....then again, there were the catenaccio years......

Impressive for a national team to play so much like a 'team' so early in a tournament. They look like they play together week in week out.

Turkey looked so unfit. They were blowing out of their arses after thirty minutes.
They just didn’t have the energy or a cutting edge to press Italy.
They couldn’t keep the ball either and that is a recipe for certain defeat.
Italy now have the confidence boost that every side needs to progress in this tournament but I am not convinced that they are all that.

That Italy team is a little saucy. Play a similar tactical style to us, but obviously at a ridiculously good level. I've got Donarumma, Immobile and Insigne in my fantasy team so a good first game for me 💪

I reckon Italy's biggest weakness is actually going to be their forwards. Can they score enough against the other top teams?

Yes, Chiellini & Bonnucci are a thousand years old - but you can get away with that if they're canny enough (which they are), the fullbacks are energetic enough (which they are) and the keeper is competent (which he is).

Then theiir midfield trio is really decent.

But Immobile has really only ever been a flat track bully. Yes, he can bang them in for Lazio, but he couldn't hack it at Dortmund or Sevilla. And as bad as Turkey were today - they were still the best opponent he's ever scored against in a competitive international. The rest of his international goals have been against the likes of Liechtenstein and Armenia.
Then Insigne & Berardi looked good today, but neither has much experience at the top table (which Serie A is no longer).

We shall see......

For me Italy strongest position was midfield they’ve got two old dinosaurs at CB and any decent team with pace will cause those two problems the Rb and Lb like to attack so get a could decent wingers to push them back and as someone else said the attackers questionable if they will score the goals needed I honestly think turkey was so bad made Italy look good

I got fed up watching it after Italy went 0-3 up

Back
Top Bottom