Italy V Spain Semi final

001 Taxis - 10% discount for forum members

Sarge

God like member
could prove to be a cracking game of football at its best.... could equally be a display of (bottom of the barrel) dark arts, with diving, oscar candidate play acting and histronics for 90+ mins

I fear that your second opinion could be right. Two good teams at best, but every man is looking for his Oscar.

I think Italy are the better team, and have the better actors if they need to 'manage the game'.

3-1 Italy.

German match official Felix Brych is refereeing tonights semi-final match

Got a free £10 bet on this game so i went for Italy win and both teams to score 9/2. I shall watch with interest now :)

You call it gamesmanship. I call it game management. Do you think an single Italian fan gave two hoots whether people were laughing at Immmobile lying down, the crowding of the ref, the convenient play acting against Belgium? Nah. They're in the Euros semis. That's all that matters.

They're still the best team in it and the favourites tonight. Spain look great until the final third and have blown so many chances this tournament. Give them a Villa, Torres in his pomp or Raul and I've have them down as favourites. Morata just isn't at the same level as the Spanish legends of old.

I tend to agree with the above posts which all ( rightly) have Italy down as favourites to progress to the final

however Football is a funny old game, .... should be an interesting watch

Thinking of the final, I have never even considered that Spain will beat Italy.
Strange that, because there was a time, not so long ago that it was hard not to assume they would be finalists.

There are some interesting narratives at play for all the semi finalists.

Italy - failed to qualify for the last World Cup and now on a 30+ match unbeaten run.
Spain - Unfancied side getting by under the radar.
Denmark - The team marching back after the horror of the first game.
England - The redemptive story for Gareth Southgate and his young, talented side.

Plenty for the commentators to allude to.

Really curious to see how the Italians game manage if they go behind, this could turn into a divefest, and ref is going to have
to be strong in this one i reckon, Bucking the trend and going 2-1 Spain.

Narrow Spain win after some slimy Italian gets sent off for cheating. Please call it what it is its not "game management".
Damn right. Game management is slowing down play, controlling possession, holding on to the ball. It's not cheating, rolling around on the floor, or wasting time.

Hurrah! Harmony has broken out, ying & yang are restored.......

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Just watched Cav ripping his 33rd stage win.............. what a man! Ediee Merckx record to go very soon.

I`m surmising the team in white will progress?

And the ball looks smaller..................🤓

Great possession by Spain. Italy can't press them for the 90. Should get interesting.

Back
Top Bottom