Italy V Spain Semi final

001 Taxis - 10% discount for forum members
Decentish first quarter of the game ....both saving thier dark arts for the second half maybe?

Game has been surprisingly open. Both teams have had good opportunities to score.

I’m glad I’m not Spanish. I’d be crying with frustration at that attack. 70% possession, carving Italy apart and then shinning it into the stands instead for taking a touch and burying it.

Sidenote on the gamesmanship / game management debate - I was getting really annoyed on Saturday by the crowing over Italy's 'shithousery'. For me, shithousery is winding up the opposition - it's Maguire doing the crying face, or diving in front of that keeper after the penalty - it's cheeky, it plays into the whole pantomime of football, it's horrible to be on the end of but it's fundamentally fun. It's not killing the game by pretending to be injured.

Sidenote on the gamesmanship / game management debate - I was getting really annoyed on Saturday by the crowing over Italy's 'shithousery'. For me, shithousery is winding up the opposition - it's Maguire doing the crying face, or diving in front of that keeper after the penalty - it's cheeky, it plays into the whole pantomime of football, it's horrible to be on the end of but it's fundamentally fun. It's not killing the game by pretending to be injured.
If Italy are 1-0 up with 20 mins to go it will get very painful to watch. Players in blue shirts constantly going down. Imagine if that happens against us in the final? strong refs very much needed in their matches.

No Spinazzola, no Italian party. They look short of options without him but Spain couldn’t finish a sudoku.

A narrow 1-0 may separate these sides. Let’s hope for a bruising and exhausting game with plenty of mild injuries and suspensions.

If Spain had a striker they'd be dangerous! But they don't, so they aren't.

Back
Top Bottom