General George Thorne

I think KR sees Brannagan as a certain starter, Gorrin too when he's not getting booked, and maybe Thorne in there too as a 3 man midfield; if Taylor can hold the ball up as much as we hope then one of these three can get forward in support (Cam I suppose) and then the wingers can go out wide....still got Baptiste to come back, Hanson as a back up for a few positions, this squad is really starting to have some good options now. Exciting!

Sooooo many options right now.

If we're up against a struggler at home, we can stick Agyei and Fosu on the flanks to run at them, Woodburn in behind Taylor, and any of a bunch of capable midfielders (Brannagan, Thorne, Gorrin, Hanson, Baptiste) as a midfield duo. That could be a terrifying combo going forwards against a bad defense.

If we're up against one of the top sides away from home (or a PL side in the cups) we can stick three of the aforementioned midfielders in the middle of the park, have Henry and Forde on the flanks and Mackie up front and be as solid af.

Plus anything in between.

The only thing that very slightly perturbs me is that we don't have a ton of depth at the back. At the moment, it looks rock solid back there, and we can absorb one injury at CB, and one at Full Back. Beyond that (or if we lost Eastwood) I'd start to worry just a little.

But for a League One club, that's a very, very minor problem to have.

If he stays fit we hopefully won't see Baptiste until next year, making sure he's in the shape of his life. Or perhaps he's off soon as the Hawkster alluded to on twitter, but that could just be another Russian loan shark type lie.

If he stays fit we hopefully won't see Baptiste until next year, making sure he's in the shape of his life. Or perhaps he's off soon as the Hawkster alluded to on twitter, but that could just be another Russian loan shark type lie.
What? Baptiste off? What was said?

We're positively dripping with talent. I'm sure a number of vultures are already circling as we speak with one eye on the next window: Brannagan, Dickie, Baptiste... Let's take it as a compliment and enjoy the moment.

As long as a % of any sale is reinvested in a few more talented young players as it has been with Whyte, whilst also paying some of our bills, we will continue to grow whilst slowly heading towards sustainability.

Last edited:
Looks like a player in the Lundstram mould - bit of a quarterback sitting in front of the back four but with the ability to transition from defence to attack by carrying the ball too. Maybe @Shosho could tell us from his stats?

Pretty spot on! Lundstram has turnt into a all round modern midfielder - Thorne will sit in front of the back 4 and play pretty progressive passes. not just switching play but also through ball and balls in behind full backs. The obvious concern is around minutes on the pitch:

2015/16 - 3022
2017/18 - 1021
2019/20 - 51

I just looked back at those 50 odd minutes at Luton and he looks to have put some timber on - however, coming back from the injuries he's had I would suspect he physically pretty decent to get near league 1 first team football.

I look forward to seeing him play

I’m assuming that he must be near to fitness as we only have him until jan, at this stage, or we could spend 2 months getting him fit before he plays a few games before going back to Derby

George Thorne, or someone who looked exactly like him, was having dinner in Frankie & Benny’s by the stadium before the game last night

Back
Top Bottom