General George Thorne

Really disappointing news, however I hope we stick with him until the end of the season at least, hopefully with a loan extension. His brief glimpses of quality show that he's more than good enough when fit, and because we're not a side that is struggling with injuries at the minute, Thorne is a player that we could wait for.

Bit of a stinker for him. Not one linked to his previous injuries either.

Let’s hope for a quick recovery.

Poor sod. He's going to need support to get over this. 26 years old and already a career knocked back with injuries.

Great disappointment for the lad.
The good news is that it is unconnected to his previous injuries so, he should be fine.
Whether that is playing for us or not I wish him well.

Hopefully he recovers more quickly than expected, the one positive note is its not a repeat of old injuries and as its not lower body he won't risk damaging it when he gets back to some light running. Would love to see him in an Oxford shirt again this season

You'd have thought we would have a clause to terminate the loan for a long term injury.

Maybe this injury is a blessing, it's not as serious as his other injury and Derby may think to offload him for cheap?

I would 100% take the risk, he seemed great v Wet Spam.

That's rotten luck for him, he does seem to have had a bad run of it.

Sounds like a new Hoskins to me. I wouldn’t take the risk personally, when he returns from his latest injury.

Terrible shame for the lad. I hope he recovers quickly, and would love to see him again in a yellow shirt. If his contract runs out at the end of the season, then I would definitely take a punt on him. I’m sure we would have a good chance too, as we are supporting him through this tough time. Speedy recovery Thornie.

Terrible shame for the lad. I hope he recovers quickly, and would love to see him again in a yellow shirt. If his contract runs out at the end of the season, then I would definitely take a punt on him. I’m sure we would have a good chance too, as we are supporting him through this tough time. Speedy recovery Thornie.
what he said ^^

Feel for him because he's had no luck with injuries and was visibly upset leaving the pitch. Robbo said he liked a maverick and I think Thorne has a bit of that about him, in the brief glimpses we saw of him he looked to possess something a bit different to your average L1 footballer. He looked a bit of an old style throwback footballer to me, unlike the ripped physiques of today. Whether his frame and build have contributed to his injuries I don't know but there certainly looked a bit of magic in those boots. Whether we go up or stay in L1 he'd be worth pursuing in the summer.

Robinson is a caring soul though and I hope we look after him, take his rehab on the chin and keep him involved. If we look after him now then I'm sure the player himself wont forget that come next season when he's back fit and there's interest in him.

He looked a bit of an old style throwback footballer to me, unlike the ripped physiques of today. Whether his frame and build have contributed to his injuries.

I suspect the injuries have contributed to his frame and affects his ability to train regularly. Perhaps both feed into each other.

I did wonder if his size meant he came down on his shoulder more heavily.

I’d definitely take him on a pay-as-you-play deal, if the price was right for the club it’s a small financial outlay (so a small gamble) for a huge potential ability - he’s a similar age to Rob Hall, for example, but I think a better player

Gutted! Looked absolute class in the 20 minutes or so before he was injured. Some of his passing and vision to spot the movement would be swooned over in the premiership.
s**t luck for him and for us. Fingers crossed he makes a quicker recovery than expected.

Unfortunately I think the guy’s body might just not be cut out for the game. It happens sometimes - it’s rotten but it’s a reality and he’s had nothing but lengthy injuries all over his body for years now.

Best of luck to him and for his own sake I hope he can come back and find some steadiness in his health and well-being.

Gutted for him. If he doesn't play for us again will definitely go down as a 'what if'. Really think this type of injury is just sheer bad luck.

It's one of those injuries that you can't really prepare for. Gutted for the guy, hope he recovers well. Hope his continued bad luck with injuries doesn't force him to change his style of play through fear of collisions etc.

Why are we paying for his treatment and not Derby?

Back
Top Bottom