General George Thorne

The way that Baptiste was spraying the ball around on Tuesday evening, I'm not sure we need Thorne.

Maybe Derby are due to give us 4 Million + Thorne in exchange for Baptiste in January and Thorne is already here to BED himself into the squad.

Gutted that Thorne got injured, he was looking brilliant in his short spell against West Ham - if he plays like that (incisive, intelligent forward passing, great through balls and quick little passes around the corner) he will absolutely boss games at League 1 level. He's clearly injury prone but I guess if he wasn't we wouldn't be seeing him in our team as he'd be a Championship player. If we can keep him fit and get him in the team over a run of games I can see him dominating games for us. Really hope he's not out for too long

It was some kind of shoulder problem according to KR last night and they were hoping that it wasn’t as bad as they fear it might be.

He was looking very good until that tackle. I was very surprised at how tall he was too. As he’s so injury prone I’d just assumed he was something of a waif but he was built more like a centre back.

Wish him all the best of course.

It was some kind of shoulder problem according to KR last night and they were hoping that it wasn’t as bad as they fear it might be.
Think it was a dislocation. And Robinson did say they thought it was a bad one before adding that they hoped it wasn't.

Unlucky for the chap, and he was indeed looking good. Let's hope for good news.

What a weird Twitter site that is, full of updates on sporting injuries. Not sure that’s a good follow in anybody’s book! Seriously does someone scour the t’internet searching for some poor buggers misfortune? ?

What a weird Twitter site that is, full of updates on sporting injuries. Not sure that’s a good follow in anybody’s book! Seriously does someone scour the t’internet searching for some poor buggers misfortune? ?

Our medical team maybe, the minute KR mentions someone he's inerested in signing ?

Depends on whether they will treat it conservatively or if he has to go under the knife. Either way it's at least a month to six weeks bare minimum.
That is if it is as bad as feared, seeing as we've had no info (unless I've missed it).

It was a huge shame thought he looked class before going off, good luck to him, let’s hope he’s back sooner rather than later.

Depends on whether they will treat it conservatively or if he has to go under the knife. Either way it's at least a month to six weeks bare minimum.
That is if it is as bad as feared, seeing as we've had no info (unless I've missed it).

This in itself will depend on whether there's been any fracture to the shoulder socket, or the structure called the labrum that's a fibrous extension of the socket and is almost always partially torn in a dislocation in my experience. Agree with your prognosis but unfortunately that's a very best case scenario; Baptiste last year was a three-month injury from memory.

Robinson’s promise that Thorne would get full support from us with his recovery, although admirable, seemed a little odd considering he’s only loaned to us, unless we’ve already agreed to make the deal permanent? In most cases when a loanee sustains a long term injury don’t they return to their parent club for treatment and the loan gets terminated?

Either way I wish him a speedy recovery, he’s undoubtedly a talented player who’s suffered way more than his fair share of bad luck. If he can get himself fully fit and put the injuries behind him he’d be an asset to any club. It would be great if it’s us. I suppose if there’s any crumb of comfort to be taken from this latest set back it’s that it’s totally unconnected to any previous problems and just seems to have been rank bad luck.

was always a gamble and luckily we’re well stocked in that area.
all the best to him anyway

Back
Top Bottom