General George Thorne

Yellows1

Wonder if he’s nearly match fit, meant to be a class player.....

Sunderland rumoured to be interested in a permanent deal:

well , they would be wouldnt they ?

I hope the rehab facilities in Sunderland are nice and the local hospitals too. Good player, but never fit

George Thorpe, who's that?

Would be surprised if we paid a fee given that we've only signed him til the end of the season.

Also I think it's harsh to put his latest injury down to being injury prone. He's had consistent problems with his knees, and the one that's kept him out for the past few months was a dislocated shoulder, so just bad luck really. How his knees get on once he is back training who knows? But in a way this could do him good, as his knees haven't been doing any hard work for months. Normally if he was coming back to fitness his knees will have just recovered and would be forced right back into playing football, whereas he has had some time to rest them up.

Would be surprised if we paid a fee given that we've only signed him til the end of the season.

Also I think it's harsh to put his latest injury down to being injury prone. He's had consistent problems with his knees, and the one that's kept him out for the past few months was a dislocated shoulder, so just bad luck really. How his knees get on once he is back training who knows? But in a way this could do him good, as his knees haven't been doing any hard work for months. Normally if he was coming back to fitness his knees will have just recovered and would be forced right back into playing football, whereas he has had some time to rest them up.

OM suggests that he left Derby by mutual agreement and we signed him afterwards. To me that says they paid him off rather than we paid anything for him.

OM suggests that he left Derby by mutual agreement and we signed him afterwards. To me that says they paid him off rather than we paid anything for him.
I'd be amazed if we paid anything for him. Lets be honest, Derby need to cut their wage bill and I think they'll be more than happy to have him off their books.

Might just be positive thinking on my part, but the shoulder injury might have been a blessing to allow him to build strength in his dodgy, but healed knees.
I agree. I think this will turn out to be a really good bit of business from us. You could just tell he was quality, even in that brief appearance against West Ham

Deal agreed earlier this week based on the iFollow interview - which keeps talking about "Tuesday's game". So he must have been one of the players listed as a trialist yesterday. Presumably whilst the paperwork for his release was tidied up at the Derby end.

Sometimes if it's mutual and the player has another club lined up, the player would forgo any comp fee in order to be released. I think Derby are just happy to get his wages off the bill, as no one was going to pay a fee for him

'Game tomorrow' - KR in the interview? So this was done on Friday last week and the 'Tuesday game' was yesterday v Southend? Very confusing!

Presumably he came through that OK and Kelly played a full 90 minutes with Agyei scoring. Pointers for Saturday?

Back
Top Bottom