National News First 100 days of Boris..........

wonder if the Swiss built trains will be part of the soon to be (re) nationalised Northern rail Franchise?
How silly of me, I was conned believing that after friday 'we' were going to be self sufficient and create millions of new jobs- nobody bothered to inform The (government) Dept of Transport, who have awarded the contract to build new train stock to a SWISS company! .... Tory government are really taking back control (not):mad:

Well TBF Switzerland was never part of the EU, and whatever other porkies might have been told I don't think anyone ever said we weren't going to be buying stuff from anywhere else in the world once we left!

Well TBF Switzerland was never part of the EU, and whatever other porkies might have been told I don't think anyone ever said we weren't going to be buying stuff from anywhere else in the world once we left!
They build trains in the North East of England .... when they get the orders of course.... in (soon to be ) post-Brexit Britain I can't help thinking it would've been better for the governments Dept of Transport to commission a British company, based in the North (of England) to make the trains, instead of paying £362m to a Swiss company?

Do torys know how to nationlise? .... selling the family silver, and permitting tax avoidance dodges n loopholes is thier comfort zone..... but, theyre hand has been forced (ironically by one of theier own pet policies )

From the article..............
"Last year the Conservative Tees Valley Mayor Ben Houchen criticised Metro operator Nexus for failing to award the business to Hitachi.
Nexus and Labour council leaders responded by saying it would be illegal to award the contract to Hitachi purely for its local links."

Once outside of the EU we could tender internally for additional rolling stock from a UK company like Bombardier or Hitachi.
As it currently stands we are rule bound to advertise EU wide under OJEU regs...

overshadowed by all the brexit celebrations.... yet another climb down by bojo's government.... Smart motorways are anything but smart, at last the powers that be have recognised that and are planning a long time needed safety review

overshadowed by all the brexit celebrations.... yet another climb down by bojo's government.... Smart motorways are anything but smart, at last the powers that be have recognised that and are planning a long time needed safety review

They are safe if the appropriate technology (ie. the radar technology the Panorama programme talks about) is used and the refuge laybys are far closer and greater in number, something that hasn't been done yet! As they have the majority set up currently they don't seem very safe.

They’re not safe at all. There have been numerous crashes between the M25 and M3 causing massive tailbacks recently.
The AA Rospa RAC and only yesterday a Senior police officer have expressed major misgivings. If life is danger they should be removed and the sooner the better

Back
Top Bottom