Fans Forum

Very interesting fans forum yesterday does anyone on here from oxvox know any detail on the concessions (food and drink) that we will now recieve from dec? I cant imagine Firoz has just conceeded this very important revenue stream to the club was it a loop hole DEor Tiger recently discovered and should we of been entitled to this all along.
Is there a case to answer where we can reclaim 17 years of this revenue.

The licence has a clause in it that gives the tenant (OUFC) the right to serve three months notice that we wish to run all concessions. The club served that notice a few weeks ago. It wouldn't, unfortunately, appear to give us the right to claim 17 years worth of lost income though.

Also it certainly will not cost £30million to get out of the licence. It will cost a maximum of the due rent (not service charge, as there would be none) for the remainder of the lease, which would be a maximum of about £3.5million if the club went now, less if it was in one or two years time.

There are a lot of things going on at the moment and a lot of work being done on all of this, which I feel is very positive and may shape our club's future for years to come. Can't say much more at the moment for obvious reasons, but this is not being done without the right things being put in place.

OK, off to the beach now........

To make money, to develop outstanding business interests, to get additional media attention etc.

Unless you find a life long fan with very deep pockets then all owners will look at buying a football club as a business opportunity. That doesn't mean it is a bad thing, it depends on how much people are prepared to invest/lose and whether that fits with the teams performance.

How do they make money? And who will own the stadium if we build another one?

And don’t even go there re; life long fan!!

The licence has a clause in it that gives the tenant (OUFC) the right to serve three months notice that we wish to run all concessions. The club served that notice a few weeks ago. It wouldn't, unfortunately, appear to give us the right to claim 17 years worth of lost income though.

Also it certainly will not cost £30million to get out of the licence. It will cost a maximum of the due rent (not service charge, as there would be none) for the remainder of the lease, which would be a maximum of about £3.5million if the club went now, less if it was in one or two years time.

There are a lot of things going on at the moment and a lot of work being done on all of this, which I feel is very positive and may shape our club's future for years to come. Can't say much more at the moment for obvious reasons, but this is not being done without the right things being put in place.

Colin, before you run off to the beach, does Kassam still care for the club?

How is the litigation against the service charges and what we get for our money from FK initiated by DE coming along? I think this could be key about where we play our football in the future.

At present FK appears to hold all the cards but he must also dread OUFC taking up the future 25 year lease as well.

A 1 million rent and service charges against an uncared for stadium which he will have to maintain is not something he is looking forward to hence him playing hardball to maximise what he can financially achieve from the dismal last twenty years for us and our club.

It will also require Oxvox and OCC to stop pandering as they’ve done historically to him. I think that everyone is now in agreement on this.
I understand a decision from the arbitrator is expected before Christmas.

Colin, before you run off to the beach, does Kassam still care for the club?

Has he ever cared for the club?? He cares only about making money and as long as the club are his tenants then he will screw them. Colin’s post is interesting regarding the cost to leave.

Has he ever cared for the club?? He cares only about making money and as long as the club are his tenants then he will screw them. Colin’s post is interesting regarding the cost to leave.

No he hasn’t, but we were led to believe that he did!!

Best post of the thread! Might as well lock it down now ? The first paragraph does beg the obvious question though: Why the hell has the clause not been activated before now..?!

Best post of the thread! Might as well lock it down now ? The first paragraph does beg the obvious question though: Why the hell has the clause not been activated before now..?!
I just thought exactly the same thing ,that’s 12 years x ?£ thrown away. If 200k a year profit then 2.4 million.

Maybe the club will be responsible for the staffing and the related costs? Am I right in thinking that on matchdays staff from Heytrop Hall are bussed in to staff the bars etc. Maybe this has now been sorted and the club will bring in their own staff.

Disclaimer - I didn't make it to the Fans Forum. But ...

Without any details, it's all just hot air. I accept that more might/will come out soon, and that's the time to make a judgement. Personally I cannot think of a non-league ground that we could play out that the League would approve, would be large enough and would be close enough to Oxford to make sense. I'd also hope even in the (IMO) unlikely event that land was found and approved for a new stadium, we would not move out of the current one until work was fully funded and actually underway. Moving out before that seems a certain way to stumble into a disasterous situation where we end up with absolutely nowhere long-term suitable to play.

Oh and KR using the current stadium as an excuse for poor performances is pretty excruciating really.

Now that the dust has settled on yesterday’s events it’s hard to decide if it was the start of a positive new dawn for the club or if yesterday will go down as one of the darkest days in the clubs history, with a poor performance on the field knocking another nail into our league 1 futures coffin, preceded by a waste of time forum with the owners blowing lots of hot air regarding the impossible stadium situation. Time will tell..

We have to remember that this fans forum was requested by OxVox and was a little earlier than the club planned. It is therefore perhaps understandable that some of the information could only be hinted at with more detail to follow in the coming weeks.

The stadium issue is something that has not been resolved for years with various people failing to get any kind of deal. So I think we can afford Tiger and his team a little while longer if it means we have something credible to work towards.

And none of this takes away from performances on the pitch but it's actually refreshing to see that the long term plans for our club do not depend on beating Wallsall or not. Of course we want to see the team successful, but I'd take a couple of seasons of mid table finishes if that gave us a new home and sustainable development for years to come. That doesn't mean that we give up and expect to be turned over each week but start putting everything into a little perspective.

Rome wasn't built in a day!

I think you will find that it was Oxvox who requested an earlier FF that’s what the last Oxvox notes said and confirmed by the Chairman. I think it was a good move by Oxvox.
Well that makes bringing it forward even more baffling in my opinion, wasn't it announced they were 5-6 weeks away from announcing the supposed alternative ground venues, or is just stupid semantics to try and bluff FK?
I have no confidence in the clubs management that they will deal with this situation properly, we need strong leadership not the woolly apologist that seems to floating behind the scenes at the moment.

We have to remember that this fans forum was requested by OxVox and was a little earlier than the club planned. It is therefore perhaps understandable that some of the information could only be hinted at with more detail to follow in the coming weeks.

The stadium issue is something that has not been resolved for years with various people failing to get any kind of deal. So I think we can afford Tiger and his team a little while longer if it means we have something credible to work towards.

And none of this takes away from performances on the pitch but it's actually refreshing to see that the long term plans for our club do not depend on beating Wallsall or not. Of course we want to see the team successful, but I'd take a couple of seasons of mid table finishes if that gave us a new home and sustainable development for years to come. That doesn't mean that we give up and expect to be turned over each week but start putting everything into a little perspective.

That's all fine, but will that be the investors view?

I think everyone would accept a mid table finish if offered now, I would be happy with 20th.

On the ground, I don’t think anyone can call this an overnight development, it’s been brewing for years, but I agree with you it’s good to know their is some sort of plan and some action happening behind the scenes, whether it turns out for the best is just wait and see.

Back
Top Bottom