Fans Forum

The licence has a clause in it that gives the tenant (OUFC) the right to serve three months notice that we wish to run all concessions. The club served that notice a few weeks ago. It wouldn't, unfortunately, appear to give us the right to claim 17 years worth of lost income though.

Also it certainly will not cost £30million to get out of the licence. It will cost a maximum of the due rent (not service charge, as there would be none) for the remainder of the lease, which would be a maximum of about £3.5million if the club went now, less if it was in one or two years time.

There are a lot of things going on at the moment and a lot of work being done on all of this, which I feel is very positive and may shape our club's future for years to come. Can't say much more at the moment for obvious reasons, but this is not being done without the right things being put in place.

OK, off to the beach now........
"shape the clubs future" for good or bad though? from what I'm hearing it could be the latter with this misguided "crusade"

That's all fine, but will that be the investors view?

I guess so as we appear to be attracting more investors despite our form being poor. It really wouldn't take a huge amount of due diligence to see that we have had a pretty poor 12 months on the pitch so the idea that they would be running scared because of a bad result of 2 is very unlikely.

I think everyone would accept a mid table finish if offered now, I would be happy with 20th.

On the ground, I don’t think anyone can call this an overnight development, it’s been brewing for years, but I agree with you it’s good to know their is some sort of plan and some action happening behind the scenes, whether it turns out for the best is just wait and see.
You are right something has been happening behind the scenes for years,
I guess so as we appear to be attracting more investors despite our form being poor. It really wouldn't take a huge amount of due diligence to see that we have had a pretty poor 12 months on the pitch so the idea that they would be running scared because of a bad result of 2 is very unlikely.
I don't think anyone expected this start to the season. These investors were lined up before the season started and are being announced now, they have put funds in place to move this club forward and at the moment that isn't happening, how long will their patience last before they pull the trigger on the manager or the project.

You are right something has been happening behind the scenes for years,

I don't think anyone expected this start to the season. These investors were lined up before the season started and are being announced now, they have put funds in place to move this club forward and at the moment that isn't happening, how long will their patience last before they pull the trigger on the manager or the project.
Manager? Any time, but realistically nothing will change until January or players comeback from injuries.

Project? No time soon.

Manager? Any time, but realistically nothing will change until January or players comeback from injuries.

Project? No time soon.
People who have put their money in might be twitchy that championship seems such a distant hope at the moment, they are businessmen not OUFC fans.

A managers fate isn’t always decided on the results alone though. Investors might buy into the narrative that the poor results are all down to bad luck, poor referees and injuries but that doesn’t convince everyone. If it becomes apparent that the manager has lost the fans (or the players for that matter) his position becomes untenable

People who have put their money in might be twitchy that championship seems such a distant hope at the moment, they are businessmen not OUFC fans.

But businessmen tend to make decision without all the emotions, and are therefore a lot less twitchy than some of our fans.

So we have new people on the board, some to come and by the looks of it on paper cracking businessmen with a few quid, I ask myself why?
Yes we have potential but why not nose around a established champ side?

Now Oxford has been crying out for some quality leisure, why not build a state of the art footy stadium with ice rink attached and throw in some swimming etc....
Now that would attract a businessman.

Council(s) on a win win, available land for housing quota and top notch leisure facilities for the city and wider shire.

Just need the land to be handed over...

That's my dream take on it.....

The licence has a clause in it that gives the tenant (OUFC) the right to serve three months notice that we wish to run all concessions. The club served that notice a few weeks ago. It wouldn't, unfortunately, appear to give us the right to claim 17 years worth of lost income though.

Also it certainly will not cost £30million to get out of the licence. It will cost a maximum of the due rent (not service charge, as there would be none) for the remainder of the lease, which would be a maximum of about £3.5million if the club went now, less if it was in one or two years time.

There are a lot of things going on at the moment and a lot of work being done on all of this, which I feel is very positive and may shape our club's future for years to come. Can't say much more at the moment for obvious reasons, but this is not being done without the right things being put in place.

OK, off to the beach now........

Does this clause also allow access to the stadium in order to service, stock and clean the concessions? Do we have control over pricing? Do we retain control for non-match days and for the other periods that catering/bar facilities are required i.e. Conference bookings. Would the present embargo on Singha product be lifted? What about the draught beer provision? And, of course, where would Farrs Catering stand with their current contract?
I can see huge obstacles to overcome in running these concessions. I would hope that the club has already brought in professional help.

So we have new people on the board, some to come and by the looks of it on paper cracking businessmen with a few quid, I ask myself why?
Yes we have potential but why not nose around a established champ side?

Now Oxford has been crying out for some quality leisure, why not build a state of the art footy stadium with ice rink attached and throw in some swimming etc....
Now that would attract a businessman.

Council(s) on a win win, available land for housing quota and top notch leisure facilities for the city and wider shire.

Just need the land to be handed over...

That's my dream take on it.....

In answer to the first part buying into Oxford will be easier and will link with what we've heard about the 'Oxford' brand. We might laugh about it but when I've travelled it is amazing how many people have heard of Oxford but would have no idea about places like Norwich or Wigan.

As for the leisure complex, you are right that Oxford would benefit from somewhere that can be used 7 days a week for a wide range of activities. More money is generated from the businesses around Stadium MK than from the football and we could look to franchise other sporting teams if you wanted to include ice hockey or rugby.

As you say, this could be a win/win for the council and all involved.

Having got curious about the availability of land in and around Oxford I did a little Googling and came up with this: Green belt study
It's a bit of a long document and has to be downloaded to view (it's safe!)
There are some sites which look interesting and should provide the club with some scope, if, and that's a big if, OCC are prepared to discuss options.

Well, surely if Inter Milan man is coming on board, all this talk of No investment until January on the pitch is now nonsense.
Is the problem with getting him on board not something to do with having fingers in too many pies concerning football clubs ( F A rules) or does this not apply to overseas clubs?

Business people don’t have success by walking away at the first hint of trouble and before you say they don’t know what they were getting into they knew exactly what they were doing otherwise they wouldn’t be successful.

Well, surely if Inter Milan man is coming on board, all this talk of No investment until January on the pitch is now nonsense.
Is the problem with getting him on board not something to do with having fingers in too many pies concerning football clubs ( F A rules) or does this not apply to overseas clubs?
Only relevant to owning 10% or more of another club in this country.

At the oxvox meeting of 10.01.18 at the Mason's Arms Bob Price talked about scenarios where the ground ownership problem could be solved involving the overflow carpark and land opposite the Stadium. He thought it could be a win win solution! anyone remember more details?

Its great news about new directors coming on board, however we have yet to be told that they have invested financially. One concerning issue is the Shirt sponsor not being allowed to have their brand sold within the stadium and the fact that as a result they may withdraw from the sponsorship. Let’s hope these issues have been resolved with the new concessions agreement.

At the oxvox meeting of 10.01.18 at the Mason's Arms Bob Price talked about scenarios where the ground ownership problem could be solved involving the overflow carpark and land opposite the Stadium. He thought it could be a win win solution! anyone remember more details?

Dont recall what Bob price said but I believe we have a option on the land opposite the stadium. It was originally earmarked for our training ground. Kassam wants to build on the overflow so would make sense to use the land opposite as parking. The council hold a lot of the cards as the whole kassam area is only to be used for leisure purposes presumably they can lift that as an when it suits them or hopefully us so there is definately a deal to be done.

This Service Charge, is this what Kassam just charges us or what he has to pay the council?

Back
Top Bottom