Fa Cup Fourth Round draw

It'll probably be one of those "goals as they go in" Sunday games. I think it's a decent draw, we'd be favourites against Rochdale and should cause Newcastle some problems. If it's Newcastle, they'll be well supported so gate receipts should be quite high.
Hope it's a Saturday afternoon game and not Sunday.

Happy with that! Sat with family in Lemington and watched the draw. Don’t come up often but will be great to come and watch Oxford at St James Park. I think the train from Oxford goes straight to Newcastle (certainly used to).

easyhotel down by the quay is a good shout and there’s loads of pubs around town. If it’s Rochdale I’ll be less excited but it’s a winnable tie.

If it is Newcastle they will not put out a weakened team. This is a club that haven't won anything in years and their fans will self combust if they put out anything less than a first eleven especially if it is us they play. I even think the Rochdale replay will consist of mainly first teamers. Think about it-the only silverware they have seen over the last several hundred years is probably their knives forks and spoons. They will want this.

We will want this too.

Coyy's.
Even if they did put out a full strength team they’re still doable

It'll probably be one of those "goals as they go in" Sunday games. I think it's a decent draw, we'd be favourites against Rochdale and should cause Newcastle some problems. If it's Newcastle, they'll be well supported so gate receipts should be quite high.

They didn't do one of those for the 3rd Round so I wonder if they only do them for the 1st 2 competition proper rounds as a way to spread out some of the TV money?

It’s actually a cracking draw (assuming it’s Newcastle) if you are young, single, got a bit of cash and free time etc, when that was me I would been all over it and loved it, great ground in a party city centre, I am already jealous of the above who will be going.

My days of going to this sort of fixture are done for now but I can’t bring myself to be bitter and negative that it’s other people’s time to have fun, it’s a better than 80% of the potential draws.

We will draw there (hopefully I will be watching courtesy of some foreign feed) and then do them live on tv in the replay anyway so no one should moan.

Last edited:
They are at home to Chelsea the week before and then away at Everton on the Tuesday night before the game, if we do play them we have a chance that’s for sure

They are at home to Chelsea the week before and then away at Everton on the Tuesday night before the game, if we do play them we have a chance that’s for sure
But you f the games watched to Sunday/Monday their game against Everton will be postponed

Bigger game than Sunderland - but then again what game isn't nowadays...........

• React
Reactions: m
When I worked in the north east my company had a box at Newcastle which I managed to go to several times. They are a great club and haven’t produced their potential. But Yellows can beat them. COYY . If New castle can beat Rochdale

Back
Top Bottom