Fa Cup Fourth Round draw

Great Draw if it’s Newcastle - St James’ Park is slap bang in the middle of the City Centre.
Stayed at Jury’s Inn Hotel last time I went which is a short walk to the stadium.

DyxMq5SW0AElgKw

I think that’s a fantastic draw either way. We’d steamroller Rochdale and make no mistake if Newcastle go weak and we go anything like our best eleven that is most definitely winnable.

Brilliant ground that we haven’t visited in a generation or two. We have the best of both worlds, the money and a genuine chance to progress. Realistically only Man United away could perhaps match the gate but Newcastle are more beatable.

Will be a good challenge for our boys, they are bound to put a "weakened" team out and we ought to be up for it.

Looking back for a comparable fixture, the Geordies entertained the Hatters in January 2018, winning 3-1 in front of 47,000.
If it is Newcastle they will not put out a weakened team. This is a club that haven't won anything in years and their fans will self combust if they put out anything less than a first eleven especially if it is us they play. I even think the Rochdale replay will consist of mainly first teamers. Think about it-the only silverware they have seen over the last several hundred years is probably their knives forks and spoons. They will want this.

We will want this too.

Coyy's.

Trouble with a TV game it might be on a Monday night would have to take a day off sick ?

I think mourinho's first match as manager was against us in a preseason friendly
It was
If I remember correctly Dean Whitehead scored from a free kick in front of the West Stand and Gianfranco Zola applauded him.

We will not be on tv. Forget that, and buy a ticket and make the journey north whoever we play.

We came out late in the draw and we could have drawn Pompey or Barnsley, or Bristol City/Shrewsbury instead (it could have been Liverpool too tho!) so we can't really complain!

Newcastle would be a great day out, a nice big stadium, as many tickets as we wanted and would be a great experience for our younger generation of fans to see the Mighty Yellows play in a Premier League stadium. Win win in my book!??‍♂️

It'll probably be one of those "goals as they go in" Sunday games. I think it's a decent draw, we'd be favourites against Rochdale and should cause Newcastle some problems. If it's Newcastle, they'll be well supported so gate receipts should be quite high.

Me as it’s a 600 mile round journey from mine and I am brasic after Christmas.

Wonder if it will be shown abroad, might get a feed then.
Yeah true, my ardour has cooled a bit, it’s easier to watch on telly! Trouble is with the replay you don’t get a lot of time to plan it.

Back
Top Bottom