Home Match Build Up FA Youth Cup 5th Round

Be there if you can. Next Wednesday at the Kassam v Leeds
gonna try to make it along to watch the young guns - though Wednesday evenings generally arent good for me, hoping I can swap a few things around

Well worth an evening, one of the bright spots on the field just now, went to the last round and saw great effort and a good level of skill.

@Malc @Northstandboy @SteMerritt .... Its been suggested previously I know, however could a section or sub-section of YF be created for youth/academy sides and maybe include OUWFC ( aka Yellow Roses ) or a separate section for Womens football be created too?

OUWFC team(s) and the Youth/ academy team(s), in contrast to the first team, are both doing 'rather well' this season. a bit of Oxford United positivity, amongst the many threads/ campaigns to sack the manager ,would maybe be welcome , with some positivity?

Last edited:
Intend to take my Leeds supporting Dad along to this.

He informs me a number of the Thames Valley whites (Leeds supporters club) are going along for the evening.

Should be a good crowd.

Come on the young‘uns!

4 under 15s in the squad on Saturday. Is Niall Keown related to Martin?

Bump....get to the game Wednesday if you can.

tickets on sale for wed night youth fa cup 5th round ( KO is 7PM) - no price info

Adults £5 concessions £3 - only part of SSl is open ( I believe) - East stand end of SSL?

Ticket office is open wed afternoon/eve

Last edited:
young U's are playing at Home in the league on Saturday ( training ground) kick off 11am

V Sw*nd*n U18s

Will Owens loaned out to Evesham , ( joining Eddie Breary under Mike Ford) and James Golding's loan to Banbury extended by another month

both being U21s dunno if they'll feature in tomorrow nights U19 5th rd FAcup game?

FA Youth Cup rules state that players have to have been under the age of 18 at midnight on 31st August 2022.
So on that basis, Will Owens is eligible but James Golding is too old, albeit only by three weeks!
Is that right if he has played in previous rounds?

tonights youth fa cup 5th round game POSTPONED - frozen pitch.... rearranged for a week tonight

That pitch is going to be a mess Wednesday next week 24 hours after we’ve played plymouth

That pitch is going to be a mess Wednesday next week 24 hours after we’ve played plymouth
perhaps the groundstaff will be working late post match, prepping the playing surface for the U19s game. Giving the pitch a great St Valentines day massage*

* Ive already got me coat

Quarter final draw is Man City away. Some prize on offer.
If I remember correctly, our YT played in the first ever competitive fixture on the pitch at their training complex.

I also seem to remember that more players from our side in that game went on to careers in the English game than the mcfc side ( but haven't got the time to re-research it again to check)

Back
Top Bottom