• MCFC

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • MUFC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 8 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The Warwickshire idiot should be given 10 hours community service.
To be performed in the Anfield area of Liverpool, whilst wearing what he thought was a funny comment.

So did "taking a knee" make any viable difference or did it just fade away to nothing?

It's impossible, and highly subjective anyway, to know as to whether taking the knee did 'fade away to nothing' or whether it had an impact in the minds of a few or many. As such, I'll not waste time arguing on that point.

A more interesting question for me is why so many were outspokenly offended by it, when they thought it would fade away to nothing.

Last edited:

Yes good result ,I was there & many more Oxford /Manchester games home & away .my most memorable one is when Derek Clark, scored in the bottom right hand corner of the net . 1- 0. My reference was a little joke from the film , the firm . When a lad turned up with a half west ham & Celtic hat. & Matey boy goes what the f**k have we got to do with Celtic..
Screenshot_2023-02-17-18-51-18-06_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpgRemember this day well, when they got relegated 74/75 season they took literally thousands every where swamped Towns & Cities.Remember loads jumping over the osler road roof to get in. Majority of their support came from everywhere apart from a few from Manchester. As for City they nearly all was from Moss side areas.
Not anymore they've gone just like United..

Last edited:
Yes good result ,I was there & many more Oxford /Manchester games home & away .my most memorable one is when Derek Clark, scored in the bottom right hand corner of the net . 1- 0. My reference was a little joke from the film , the firm . When a lad turned up with a half west ham & Celtic hat. & Matey boy goes what the f**k have we got to do with Celtic..
View attachment 13906Remember this day well, when they got relegated 74/75 season they took literally thousands every where swamped Towns & Cities.Remember loads jumping over the osler road roof to get in. Majority of their support came from everywhere apart from a few from Manchester. As for City they nearly all was from Moss side areas.
70s fashion eh! Looks like a rush to get to a Slade gig...

It's impossible, and highly subjective anyway, to know as to whether taking the knee did 'fade away to nothing' or whether it had an impact in the minds of a few or many. As such, I'll not waste time arguing on that point.

A more interesting question for me is why so many were outspokenly offended by it, when they thought it would fade away to nothing.

Offended or merely pointing out its pointlessness?

Is anyone still taking the knee to highlight any perceived issues?

Still at least those at the top of BLM have made a pleasant sum of money from those who fell for it.

View attachment 13906Remember this day well, when they got relegated 74/75 season they took literally thousands every where swamped Towns & Cities.Remember loads jumping over the osler road roof to get in. Majority of their support came from everywhere apart from a few from Manchester. As for City they nearly all was from Moss side areas.
Is that the Bay City Rollers??

Remember the Clark 1:0 game well. Man U fans ran at and karate kicked open the Beech Road gates only to be held back by a single police dog (or so my story goes :)).

Wasn't it on Match of the Day that evening?

Remember the Clark 1:0 game well. Man U fans ran at and karate kicked open the Beech Road gates only to be held back by a single police dog (or so my story goes :)).

Wasn't it on Match of the Day that evening?
Yes , I was on the corner of Osler rd , London rd , by the floodlights. They booted the gates there too. Then came over the roof.. Screenshot_2023-02-17-19-17-41-40_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpgThere's a couple of them in the bowels club. Either before then , or after??

Offended or merely pointing out its pointlessness?

Is anyone still taking the knee to highlight any perceived issues?

Still at least those at the top of BLM have made a pleasant sum of money from those who fell for it.

Come on, plenty were obviously offended, even if you weren't.

Nobody made any money from the simple gesture of taking a knee.

And anyway, a dyed-in-the-wool Marxist making money?! Nah, summat doesn't add up there...

At the height of their fame the ‘Rollers’ came to Chipping Norton recording studios. It was absolute bedlam down New Street with hundreds (ok dozens) of tartan clad teenage girls causing mayhem. Chippy had never seen anything like it and probably hasn’t since!
Tell me about it ,the whole of Britain was taken over by Roller Mania. Didn't they play at the New Theatre, & it was mayhem & got cancelled.

Back
Top Bottom