FA Cup Annual 'who really cares' FA Cup final thread

Sarge

God like member
I can remember the excitement on FA Cup final day... something that remained (with me) at least in some degree, as a football supporter, until the early 90s....... coinciding with the advent of the PL, and the disrespect shown since by so called big clubs- by fielding at best squad players until the semi final stages-, and the FA with the changing of rules to accommodate PL demands, and that of their paymasters- to the worlds oldest, and one time most prestigious club competition.

Chelsea V Leicester City in the FA Cup final... apparently its being shown live on BBC ( around 4pm)
*a week today

9,500 Brent residents can go and watch it live- for FREE

6,500 supporters of the two respective clubs can also go and watch it live , at £75 a ticket
PLUS a mandatory £45 coach ticket fee!

.... glamour of the FA Cup? ..... Really?

*edited

Last edited:
I can remember the excitement on FA Cup final day... something that remained (with me) at least in some degree, as a football supporter, until the early 90s....... coinciding with the advent of the PL, and the disrespect shown since by so called big clubs- by fielding at best squad players until the semi final stages-, and the FA with the changing of rules to accommodate PL demands, and that of their paymasters- to the worlds oldest, and one time most prestigious club competition.

Chelsea V Leicester City today in the FA Cup final... apparently its being shown live on BBC ( around 4pm)

9,500 Brent residents can go and watch it live- for FREE

6,500 supporters of the two respective clubs can also go and watch it live , at £75 a ticket
PLUS a mandatory £45 coach ticket fee!

.... glamour of the FA Cup? ..... Really?
It's Man City Chelsea today and Leicester players last night 🤣🤣.

You love the final so much your making a post the week before 😉

I’m the same as you sarge, it was a massive day in the football calendar, both itv and bbc spent the whole day filming it, now it’s meh, but I can remember getting a Sunday paper every week reading reports on loads of games, who scored for who, even attendances, I’d forgotten it’s even on, even if it is next week.

Well, it is an official Covid test event so it helps towards "normality".

The local pubs are cashing in, £15 per person to book a seat in a marquee to watch a big screen.

If the weather is like today's then good luck with that.

Nothing much else going on locally, saw one car with some flags on it..... give it a week it might get "exciting".

Back
Top Bottom