FA Cup Fa Cup final today

I was 7 during that epic, giant killing FA cup run... biggest attendances at the Manor twice , first V Blackburn Rovers, then even more when the U's were on the end of a couple of 'questionable' decisions in the quarter final V PNE, was on the temporary scaffolding terraces on the Beech road side for both of those games, with me Dad
My Dad and my older brother went but i had to settle for listening on a small transistor radio.?

For me it was the first time in years I felt a bit excited about the FA Cup earlier today. Anyway, France got rid of their League Cup this year, IMO England should get rid of the League Cup too. But, sorry, the Champions League, the WC and Euros are all that matter to me. I want OUC to be in the Champions League, I believe it's possible.

I'll never want the League Cup to be sacrificed, if it is I can imagine the Premier League teams won't want it back, and it will devalue our greatest day.

Having watched the play off semi finals and the play of final and now the fa cup. I’ve come to the conclusion that the match commentators ain’t got a f*****g clue

My Dad and my older brother went but i had to settle for listening on a small transistor radio.?
You tell the kids of today that and...

I'll let you finish it.

I believe that 3-0 drubbing by Port Vale in a meaningless game taught him everything he knows......
We actually needed to win the game to stand a chance of getting into the playoffs. It was far from meaningless.

Almunia was going to be signing instead of him but had a family emergency at the last minute, hence Arsenal sent us Martinez instead.

Ok so all the old buffers on social media are whinging about the “old times FA Cups”.

What disappointed me today was the f wits didn’t realise the base is separate to the trophy and tried carrying the whole thing to lift it and then dropped it and tried putting it back together with the base upside down.

Best thing about todays final was that Arsenal won it and Spurs have to go through the qualifiers

Ok so all the old buffers on social media are whinging about the “old times FA Cups”.

What disappointed me today was the f wits didn’t realise the base is separate to the trophy and tried carrying the whole thing to lift it and then dropped it and tried putting it back together with the base upside down.
You would genuinely think that the captains would either ask or be told in advance how to handle the thing. I knew Aubameyang was going to drop it as soon as he took the whole lot over to the team and was holding it solely by the base.

There is a tiny bit of a traditionalist in me that felt quite sad watching the FA Cup being dropped, and having everybody think it was a cracking laugh.

You would genuinely think that the captains would either ask or be told in advance how to handle the thing. I knew Aubameyang was going to drop it as soon as he took the whole lot over to the team and was holding it solely by the base.

There is a tiny bit of a traditionalist in me that felt quite sad watching the FA Cup being dropped, and having everybody think it was a cracking laugh.

If i was bizarrely lofting the Cup I’d know from ingrained memory that the base and trophy and top aren’t a complete thing.

And today it’s a shame there wasn’t someone in charge with a bit of sense to take the base of the cup away.

Perhaps it’s missing the old “engraving segment” too

Forgot all about it. Disappointed to miss the Cup Final Knockout with Eddie Waring and the film crews on the coaches as the teams make the trip to Wembley. Not too concerned about the match though.

Back
Top Bottom