Ex Player Ex-Player Thread

That's a very complex boo!

Fans: "Booooooooooo!"

Yanic: "Why are you booing me?"

Fans: "We're not just booing you specifically, we're booing you as a symbolic example of our former transfer policy under the previous management team."

Yanic: "What?!"
80qwb3.jpg

• React
Reactions: MJB
David Smith was so under rated abit like Gray IMO. Back then though the attacking wingers got the plaudits and solid back line but fans just didn’t appreciate a midfielder who put the donkey work in which helped the flair players play with freedom.
The work that Smith and Gray put in the season we gained promotion was immense. They covered so much ground that allowed our wingers to attack.

Gray only joined at transfer deadline 1996 and played 7 matches in the run in.
How long do you class as the run in? Playing seven games in a run in is quite a lot in my opinion. Plus Bobby Ford wasn’t exactly a defensive minded midfielder so that makes Smith’s job even more vital

How long do you class as the run in? Playing seven games in a run in is quite a lot in my opinion. Plus Bobby Ford wasn’t exactly a defensive minded midfielder so that makes Smith’s job even more vital

I agree that Smith's contribution was key throughout the whole season (and he barely missed a game). I just wouldn't rate Gray's contribution as high.

James Golding debut for Maidenhead in NL
It couldn't be much tougher as they drew 1-1 v Chesterfield.
Golding seems to have played at left back according to the BBC .
Good start for him.

Good start for him.

2nd game today, he made his debut midweek in their 1-0 home defeat to Altrincham.

I see Jack Stevens was on the bench for Cambridge today at Derby although Max Crocombe played for Burton at Reading

Good start for him.
Good to see he's doing well. Not an ex player, technically. Still on our books, and only 19

Back
Top Bottom