Ex Player Ex-Player Thread

Now signed for Barnsley. Great move for him but doubt he finds it easy to get game time!

Fair play to him - seem to remember we offered him a deal but he chose to leave, think its a great attitude to have so good to see it pay off.

With regards Kyran Lofthouse, I believe he was offered a new deal by Woking, and as he’s under 24 they’ll be due compo. I wonder if we had a sell on clause? Would compo impact any sell on clause we may or may not have had?

Simon Heslop joins Liversedge FC. Step 4 of the National League.

He was slow with us, I dread to think how slow he is now!

He was slow with us, I dread to think how slow he is now!
Was having a look at his career stats on the back of this article.

We’re the club he made most appearances for (just over 100) which shows how much he’s moved about (albeit quite slowly).

Shaka's son?

Was having a look at his career stats on the back of this article.

We’re the club he made most appearances for (just over 100) which shows how much he’s moved about (albeit quite slowly).
I remember vividly the first season back in the league after promotion the first round of the league cup and Heslop hammering home at the fence end home to Bristol Rovers.

I've just had a look on Soccerbase and it says his first season with us was 2010/11 so first season back in the football league.
I wonder how many players from our Conference Days are still playing football at a professional / semi-professional level.
Mattie Taylor (Forest Green), Alfie Potter (Oxford City), Sam Deering (Bishops Stortford). Any others?

I've just had a look on Soccerbase and it says his first season with us was 2010/11 so first season back in the football league.
I wonder how many players from our Conference Days are still playing football at a professional / semi-professional level.
Mattie Taylor (Forest Green), Alfie Potter (Oxford City), Sam Deering (Bishops Stortford). Any others?
Asa Hall signed just after (10 days or so) we got back in the league and is still playing at Torquay

I make it seven who are probably still playing. Pretty good going 12 years on!

Ryan Clarke - Hungerford
Damian Batt - retired
Anthony Tonkin - retired
Dannie Bulman - retired (only last year at 43!)
Paul Mclaren - retired
Mark Creighton - retired
Djoumin Sangaré (no, me neither) - retired
Jake Wright - retired (I think)
Simon Heslop - Liversedge
James Constable - retired
Jack Midson - retired (I think, having recently been sacked as player-manager of Sheppey United)
Simon Clist - retired
Asa Hall - Torquay
Alfie Potter - Oxford City

Simon Hackney - retired
Mitchell Cole - RIP
Ryan Doble - retired
Steven Kinniburgh - no idea
Ritchie Baker - Clitheroe
Ryan Burge - retired
Little Sam Deering - note sure (was at Bishop's Stortford until the end of last season)
Harry Worley's Curly Wurly - retired
Ben Purkiss - no idea
Matt Green - Newport City
Leigh Franks - retired
Danny Philliskirk - AFC Flyde
Paul Wotton - retired
Josh Payne - Beaconsfield Town
Tom Craddock - retired
Ben Futcher - retired
Mitchell Hanson - retired
Steve MacLean - retired

Back