Ex Player Ex-Player Thread

I remember him being signed, managed to hit it over the London Road stand from eight yards, within 3 years he was playing for The Shotover Arms in the Oxford Sunday League. Arthur Turners worst signing but I think we were desperate.
Signed from Coleraine if I remember rightly.

For a staggeringly wasteful £10k
Gaston was signed for £12,500 from Coleraine (for whom he averaged a goal in every two games) in September 68. Was never good enough for Div 2. Went on loan to Lincoln end of 69-70 season. Went back to N. Ireland , had a very short loan at Coleraine then signed for Finn Harps for the 70-71 season. Scored 13 in 21 games. So I guess if nothing else it showed that the standard of football there was way below ours at the time. Finished off at Ballymena 1975.

Gaston was signed for £12,500 from Coleraine (for whom he averaged a goal in every two games) in September 68. Was never good enough for Div 2. Went on loan to Lincoln end of 69-70 season. Went back to N. Ireland , had a very short loan at Coleraine then signed for Finn Harps for the 70-71 season. Scored 13 in 21 games. So I guess if nothing else it showed that the standard of football there was way below ours at the time. Finished off at Ballymena 1975.
Yeah, but what was his xG like?

Just finished watching Alex Jakubiak play a role in an unexciting draw for Dundee FC away in Kirkcaldy.

What an unusual career trajectory…still only 26 years old…Watford’s project player who kept signing contracts then going out on loan at lower and lower standards…thought he was alright at Oxford…but seems to have found his level in the Scottish second flight.
He's only 26?!

Back
Top Bottom