EFL - The Covid-19 decision

You might also say that the 2 should be look at as one...i think it's asking too much to expect fans to shell out for 1/2/3 games then again a few weeks later when if the streaming is sorted you could begin marketing the product and price as a whole package..ie whatever this season brings + next

Also it seems to be forgotten that season tickets for the current season have already been paid and sat in all the clubs coffers so any further games played you're relying on income from Non Season ticket holders only.

The point isn't about income now, it's about giving confidence that football will exist next season. It's estimated that returning will cost clubs upwards of £250k just for the next month or so. That cost will remain in September but will be significantly higher, and without some reassurance now then a large number of clubs may not make it.

Keeping more clubs alive, and keeping costs down will prevent the need for B teams.

There will need to be a fine balance on pricing for the season ahead....it is going to be difficult asking people to part with money for something they will very likely not be attending. There also needs to be sensible thought given to price for a season ticket as opposed to one off games otherwise the games in normal circumstances that i always say need the heavy marketing are not going to bring much income...
The problem is there has been no mention of even conversations have taken place re streaming from the powers that be.

There will need to be a fine balance on pricing for the season ahead....it is going to be difficult asking people to part with money for something they will very likely not be attending. There also needs to be sensible thought given to price for a season ticket as opposed to one off games otherwise the games in normal circumstances that i always say need the heavy marketing are not going to bring much income...
The problem is there has been no mention of even conversations have taken place re streaming from the powers that be.
Hey Horse,

That's a given. But it's not clear whether it's ifollow who have an exclusive contract or others.

Hey Horse,

That's a given. But it's not clear whether it's ifollow who have an exclusive contract or others.

ah ok i had not seen that mentioned anywhere.

I do have my doubts that the numbers (sales) are going to be much good. You also have the scenario of groups getting together further reducing income.

ah ok i had not seen that mentioned anywhere.

I do have my doubts that the numbers (sales) are going to be much good. You also have the scenario of groups getting together further reducing income.

Yes, exactly what I said before hence analysts have said they expects clubs income to drop around 75%. Hence also the talk of a salary cap otherwise its unsustainable

Empty seats in a 40000 capacity stadium, constant crowd noises piped in over the tannoy system...it was truly weird.
They have been doing similar in some of the German games. Even to the extent of adding extra 'shouting' white noise when there is a heavy tackle or similar. When watching on TV and focusing on the pitch it almost seems normal - and then you see the stands. It's very odd.

Apparently at Arsenal they are going to have piped silence to get the true stadium feel ;)

I will say it again, the team that played Sunderland away first game of the previous season, then went on to get promoted via the playoffs.

I'm sort of OK about the Prem coming back now, as this will help secure more of the money from TV etc that will potentially filter down tot he likes of us, and also that they will be able to swallow the cost of all the testing etc, and provide something to watch for those that want to.
I'm not sure the Championship should follow, however, even though they appear to be planning to, and despite the possibility of us being able to secure an auto spot if it did, I think L1 & L2 would be right to not try to play the whole thing out this time - three playoff game will suffice for each

Couldn’t give a toss about the Premiershite. To compound matters, Liverpool will be forever remembered for winning the Covid-19 league. Although, they may lose (hopefully) every game here on on and City will snatch it from their grasp and we will have our redemption for our 1986/87 Euro enforced exile. (Yep.... still can’t get over it !!! and never will)

Back
Top Bottom