Matches December turn-a-round

Lincoln.yellow1

7 games, 3 wins, 4 draws of which 1 ended up in a penalty shootout victory has kept us unbeaten during December.
The 3 wins speak for themselves however the 3 league draws against Ipswich, Hull & Blackpool were as important if not more as it cemented us as being a good side mixing with the top teams and realised the ability to keep clean sheets, a habit that brings success.
We amassed 12 points during the month of December in the 6 league games which resembles a top 6 side not one languishing in the bottom 4 as we were when we entered the month.
We are now playing as a team with many players being very consistent especially the back 5 (although Ruffles has come up against some good players he has not given up) and scoring goals with regularity.
We still have Cameron Brannigan to come back and we are still yet to see if Sam Winnall can re-discover his form in this division he showed with Barnsley a couple of seasons back and if Mark Sykes can work his way back into the team with consistency then we are only going to get stronger.
A poor start to the season now looks like we are putting our best foot forward and this season after all could still be a successful one.

A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL FORUM MEMBERS.

Strange how we always seem to play a team after there manager has departed. Lets hope its not a banana skin.
see Jonathan Obika got MOM for St Mirren even though Rangers beat them 2-0. Roofe scored again.

Just think how good we could be if we actually had a consistent season from start to finish? Fits and starts of good form do frustrate me... there’s a good team in there somewhere desperate to get out!
Happy New Year to Yellows everywhere. Here’s to a better 2021

Every result went for us yesterday. Hate seeing Swindon win but the upside was that it keeps Ipswich in range and they’re a team you’d expect to be in the play off mix. Sunderland and Hull was a good result, Lincoln and Posh drawing too and I think, ultimately, Accrington beating Charlton will be a welcome result. Accrington are undoubtedly the surprise package but it would seem unlikely they can sustain a challenge, especially with their already fixture backlog and the further postponements you’d expect with Covid and the weather in that part of the country.

Every result went for us yesterday. Hate seeing Swindon win but the upside was that it keeps Ipswich in range and they’re a team you’d expect to be in the play off mix. Sunderland and Hull was a good result, Lincoln and Posh drawing too and I think, ultimately, Accrington beating Charlton will be a welcome result. Accrington are undoubtedly the surprise package but it would seem unlikely they can sustain a challenge, especially with their already fixture backlog and the further postponements you’d expect with Covid and the weather in that part of the country.
I thought Ipswich looked very poor. The scum have improved with the 3(!) signings they have made, better than when they played us last, I can see them getting out of the relegation spots over time. Lincoln and Posh played different systems and more or less cancelled each other out but, they both look strong.
The build up Sky gave to the Sunderland Hull game was embarrassing with constant mention of them both being ex Premiership sides. - Get over it, that was some time ago and they are both League 1 sides now. The football they displayed was certainly not Premiership quality!

I'm not sure Ipswich will be up there at the end if Paul Lambert stays as he is such a negative/play safe manager. They did this last year, started well then fell away and look very much like they're doing the same this year.

I'm not sure Ipswich will be up there at the end if Paul Lambert stays as he is such a negative/play safe manager. They did this last year, started well then fell away and look very much like they're doing the same this year.

Maybe not but they are still a team I’d rather see drop points if we are to make a charge towards the top spots. People write these sort of teams off as big sides who have lost their way and no threat but if someone said to me Ipswich, last game of season wanting a win, or someone like Rochdale or Crewe I’d pick the latter every single time.

Same with Sunderland or Hull, they might be no better than us - or other mid table sides- in truth but they’re still a fixture that says ‘big club’ and not one you’d particularly want in a must win. The name alone can sometimes cause a mental block in the opposition, football isn’t always about 11 v 11 on the pitch without a thought for the reputation of who you’re playing.

Back
Top Bottom