Coventry fan in peace

It seems there was a bit of trouble at a few games back in the eighties and football fans have been paying for it ever since.

Pretty much, the way football fans are treated is ridiculous, really. This seems an arbitrary and pointless restriction on the Cov fan, it's not like we're playing Swindon is it.

Pretty much, the way football fans are treated is ridiculous, really. This seems an arbitrary and pointless restriction on the Cov fan, it's not like we're playing Swindon is it.

Would you rather we give Coventry and extra few sections in the North Stand and move season ticket holders to accommodate them? Or give Portsmouth the whole North Stand? f**k it, let's give Sunderland the East Stand as well!!! After all, they're not Swindon!!!

Personally I'm glad that we have stuck with the 1800 allocation and won't budge on it. Priority must always be with home fans. And I can't believe that some where considering buying tickets for Coventry fans. I'd rather give my ticket away to a home fan than sell it to an away fan, regardless of who we're playing.

I'm genuinely amazed that anyone really gives a s**t about some snivelling Cov fan who probably can't even be bothered to go to Brum for a game but expected a ticket on a pissing platter for little Oxford!!!

Would you rather we give Coventry and extra few sections in the North Stand and move season ticket holders to accommodate them? Or give Portsmouth the whole North Stand? f**k it, let's give Sunderland the East Stand as well!!! After all, they're not Swindon!!!

Personally I'm glad that we have stuck with the 1800 allocation and won't budge on it. Priority must always be with home fans. And I can't believe that some where considering buying tickets for Coventry fans. I'd rather give my ticket away to a home fan than sell it to an away fan, regardless of who we're playing.

I'm genuinely amazed that anyone really gives a s**t about some snivelling Cov fan who probably can't even be bothered to go to Brum for a game but expected a ticket on a pissing platter for little Oxford!!!

So if you were desperate to see the mighty Yellows play away at some place (other than Swinedon) but all tickets were sold out for away supporters you'd just accept that without even trying some way to get in to the ground?

And of course the counter point is obvious--Orient seems to come to mind for some reason (but hah! look what happened to them as a result), but we're not talking about giving entire sections of the home area to thousands of fans from some other team...we're talking about one sole Coventry fan.

Give the bloke a break, I say...he's only trying to do what many of us would try to do if the situation were reversed.

Absolutely 1000% this. Excellent post sir.

I'm really pleased that the club are sticking to their guns and looking after home fans, rather than make a quick (short sighted) buck and give an away team a bigger allocation. They get 15% as it is, which is 5% more than we have to give them according to EFL rules.

Irrespective of the above, this particular Coventry fan very quickly turned into a whining brat with a huge sense of entitlement. If he was sat next to me and carried on how he has on here, I'd probably end up punching him, so the club is doing him a favour really!!!

I hope when Bristol Rovers come to us we restrict their allocation to 10% ie 1,200.
Last week, they restricted our allocation to 1,100 ish when they could easily have given us all the seats behind the goal (an extra 400 ish). They also had the gall to increase the price of the ticket by £3 which made that shocking bit of uncovered terrace £22, their normal price is £19. They have 6 cat A matches where they charge £3 more. On top of that they have managed to put a roof on every other bit of the ground but conveniently neglect the away end.

Back
Top Bottom