Coventry fan in peace

You say you live close to Oxford in your opening post.
I reckon if you take a utility bill down to the stadium as proof that you live close by they will sell you a ticket in person for the home end.

Its a GL postcode mate, its close but I'm sure there are Coventry CV postcodes in South Warwickshire that border OX postcodes that are closer than me so seems a bit pointless saying i'm close. That might work but if not its a wasted trip to Oxford

if anyone wants to buy a couple of etickets and sell them to me for 30 a piece i'd be happy to take them off your hands

It seems there was a bit of trouble at a few games back in the eighties and football fans have been paying for it ever since.

Yes a "bit" of trouble.

As exemplified by cov away that day

Last edited:
Just because a system works doesn't mean its the right system. I've been robbed of a day out enjoying a game of football respectfully and Oxford have been robbed out of my £20 that would help the club. Who wins?
The system wins

Sounds a bit crazy but you could post a message saying something like "Anyone got any spares for Oxford away"

Big longshot pal, tickets will be like gold dust, we only had about 300 this morning that made it to general sale and they were gone straight away

As the game gets nearer you'll get people dropping out, catching the flu, breaking their ankle, or realising they're supposed to be at a wedding. There's always spares going round

Last edited:
We had exactly this at Northampton about 3 years ago and I just strolled up to the ticket office about 10 minutes before kick-off and they sold me a ticket. without a second glance. Mind you the seat was behind the dugouts in the middle of a few rabid home fans so I did have to sit on my hands a few times.

Thought this might be the case for Saturday but OUFC have specified that NO tickets at all will be sold on match day :confused:

if anyone wants to buy a couple of etickets and sell them to me for 30 a piece i'd be happy to take them off your hands
Can’t go this weekend as am away so happy to do this. Send me a message.

Afraid I've got no solution but good luck to the guy trying to get in to watch his team. I remember what it was like back in the day when Luton / David Evans banned away fans from Kenilworth Road. I managed to find a way round it. 3-2 get in. Another season in the top flight.

Back
Top Bottom