Coventry fan in peace

Should have bought a Season Ticket or whatever you needed to do to get an away ticket.

No sympathy, feckin plastics. ? ?

Perhaps somebody at the club has been reading this thread:

Keep up....they released that as soon as away tickets were sold out yesterday morning. This thread wouldn't exist if they had only just made it database only as the whole thread is about the very notion of the game being database only.

To be fair it’s more money for the club and the players get to see another body in the home end
for sure ... many a time where miserly away allocations have sold out fast, & Ive been able to go to (an away ) game.... and yes, Ive on more than a few occasions ended up in home areas .... IMO segregation - cat A matches apart- should be consigned to history, as should a number of other restrictive practices currently only imposed, exclusively, on football supporters while watching their chosen sport & team

for sure ... many a time where miserly away allocations have sold out fast, & Ive been able to go to (an away ) game.... and yes, Ive on more than a few occasions ended up in home areas .... IMO segregation - cat A matches apart- should be consigned to history, as should a number of other restrictive practices currently only imposed, exclusively, on football supporters while watching their chosen sport & team

There will be no point me even buying a ticket off someone here due to the fact that there will be database and security checks on the gate according to the club. It would be easier to sneak into Buckingham palace with a gun than to watch a game of football at Oxford..

Keep up....they released that as soon as away tickets were sold out yesterday morning. This thread wouldn't exist if they had only just made it database only as the whole thread is about the very notion of the game being database only.
Your missing the point. The game may have gone database only yesterday morning but the club have only just issued the statement to warn supporters - 2 hours ago.

I’m not sure it’s our problem if an away fan can’t get to watch his team, the system is there for a reason.

I didn't say it was your problem. I was asking for help. If you were in the same situation you might want help. The thing is, you'd never be in this situation because Cov have pay on the gate even if the away area is sold out and there's NEVER been an issue between fans within the home end. Forget it, delete the thread

Your missing the point. The game may have gone database only yesterday morning but the club have only just issued the statement to warn supporters - 2 hours ago.

Fair point mate, won't be going anyway. The fact that they employ security and database checks on the gate even when you have your ticket means I've got no hope even if I could get anyone to sell one to me.

I didn't say it was your problem. I was asking for help. If you were in the same situation you might want help. The thing is, you'd never be in this situation because Cov have pay on the gate even if the away area is sold out and there's NEVER been an issue between fans within the home end. Forget it, delete the thread
I think you tried making it our problem by coming on here whining about our ticketing system,
There’s plenty of potential trouble between any sets of fans if away fans encroach in home ends, we have this every time a team sells out their allocation, the club decided to restrict the away allocation, the fans applauded their decision, so we all move on.

I think you tried making it our problem by coming on here whining about our ticketing system,
There’s plenty of potential trouble between any sets of fans if away fans encroach in home ends, we have this every time a team sells out their allocation, the club decided to restrict the away allocation, the fans applauded their decision, so we all move on.

Whatever. enjoy the game.

I think the warning is for Oxford supporters, and also to put off Coventry fans turning up without tickets.
1 - if you are buying on the day, it will need a database check so may take more time than normal. (ie they need to find your entry and then allocate and print a ticket, normally you can buy without details, and there is also an East Stand open tickets booth.
2 - there are bag security checks, so may take more time than normal.

I had a Millwall fan sat next to me last night in the SSL. Thought he was a bit quiet throughout the game, but got chatting to me as we walked out. Nice enough chap, but wouldn’t want to be sat next to away fans regularly.
Away fans are allowed to purchase boxes aren’t they? If you’ve got enough mates I expect there will be some left. Or if not and demand is as high as you say then you could try and drum up some new friends on the Cov forum maybe?

Not worth the hassle, I've already spent too long trying to get a ticket to what is on paper, a fairly low key game that we will end up losing

Back
Top Bottom