Fan's View - Coventry at home

Watched the match at a friend's house. He used to play for Preston's youth team with Howard Kendall in the sixties. He kept asking me posers I struggled to answer. Why do so many Oxford players keep falling over? Why do they give away so many cheap free kicks? Why do players not make themselves available to receive the ball? Why is each attack so painfully slow? Why does Browne take all the dead ball kicks when he hasn't delivered all match? Why can your players not control a football? When Obika headed in the corner, I suggested that the previous crap balls were to lull the Coventry defence into complacency. I did apologise to him on the way out, not for the first time, for wasting his time watching us give another embarrassing performance on live TV.

A good measured report as always Paul. Its so frustrating there is a very good team in there that cant seem to click,obviously needs a kemar roofe style striker up front. Maybe Browne or Baptiste could be that player

We are either tactically uncohesive or we have players who are playing as individuals. I cant decide which, but the consistent issue is that the players never look like theyve met each other before. I cant decide whether the issue is tactical, organisation (which i suppose could be the same thing). or recruitment.

We are either tactically uncohesive or we have players who are playing as individuals. I cant decide which, but the consistent issue is that the players never look like theyve met each other before. I cant decide whether the issue is tactical, organisation (which i suppose could be the same thing). or recruitment.
Not true in my view.
I would say that we have been ridiculously inconsistent.
So to suggest that we have consistently look like we haven't met each other before is unbelievable for anybody who went to the Sunderland and Burton games for example ( and I would guess Newport)

A good measured report as always Paul. Its so frustrating there is a very good team in there that cant seem to click,obviously needs a kemar roofe style striker up front. Maybe Browne or Baptiste could be that player
I honestly believe Browne up front (on his own as part of a pair) is probably our best option. He’s quick, can close down defenders, run the channels when necessary and he knows how to put the ball n the net. Play Whyte and/or Holmes wide. He’d probably work well with Mackie, who has the nous but not the legs.

Not true in my view.
I would say that we have been ridiculously inconsistent.
So to suggest that we have consistently look like we haven't met each other before is unbelievable for anybody who went to the Sunderland and Burton games for example ( and I would guess Newport)

Unbelievable? 2 reasonable games out of 7 (one of which we conceded and drew against 10 men). A 28% strike rate of cohesive performances and 23rd in the table isnt inconsistent, its significant underperformance. I doubt that the playing and management staff at the club would even argue it was anything else.

What we need to establish is why, not if.

Back
Top Bottom