EPL Chelsea handed over to trustees

Genuinely couldn't care less what happens to Chelsea. Boring club with boring fans, a boring kit and a boring stadium.

Not to mention how being the closest "big" club they seem to steal lots of the young fans away from us.

I can't see any new owners blowing the kind of money on Chelsea that Abramovich has. He has written off the £1.5billion they owe him. Over 19 years that is around £79million a year of subsidy. Take that away there is much less success. Going forward they may well become much less of a draw than they were before.

I can't see any new owners blowing the kind of money on Chelsea that Abramovich has. He has written off the £1.5billion they owe him. Over 19 years that is around £79million a year of subsidy. Take that away there is much less success. Going forward they may well become much less of a draw than they were before.
But he’s put Chelsea up for 3 billion

The next owner will have to fund or find funding by borrowing for doing up Stamford Bridge or finding a new site and starting from scratch. The past investment in the youth system may pay off here as it has matured and is contributing a fair few players on a regular basis. Chelsea might have to follow the Liverpool approach on recruitment which is not pay the biggest amounts but rely on a better recruitment process (the latest success looks like being Luis Diaz) along with developing youth.

The new owners will probably be in the same mould of FSG at Liverpool and the Kroenke's at Arsenal. There's no way they will get another sportswasher in and whoever does come in will need to untangle the mess the club finds itself in right now.

The new owners will probably be in the same mould of FSG at Liverpool and the Kroenke's at Arsenal. There's no way they will get another sportswasher in and whoever does come in will need to untangle the mess the club finds itself in right now.
If a sportswasher offers £3bn, they'll have them in like a shot.

Deduct points for fielding any player bought with dirty money - oh dear! That's a big fat zero then.

1646906873015.png
So players on wages upward of half a million PER WEEK will be getting financial support, while the rest of us are suffering with rocketing bills?!

Hopefully I am mistaken in my interpretation here...

Chelsea in major trouble potentially. Couldn’t happen to a nicer bunch.

Only season ticket holders allowed into Chelsea matches for now, they are not allowed to sell tickets.

Back
Top Bottom