Brexit

There is no so thing as a hard brexit. Just brexit.

Tell that to the Daily Mail/Telegraph and the rest of the media and those I've mentioned. Are you going to answer the question about Farage etc moaning?

Tell that to the Daily Mail/Telegraph and the rest of the media and those I've mentioned. Are you going to answer the question about Farage etc moaning?
There is nothing to answer because there is no such thing as a hard brexit. Would I like Farage to shut up in general? Yes, very much so

Soft and hard have been conjured up by Remainers. Nigel Farage has helped bring about the referendum so there is nothing more for him to add

Hate to break to you but there very much is soft and hard Brexit and all that in between. Hence why the Cabinet were having a big meeting about their strategy* in the EU negotiations on what course to steer with Ministers having different views on what to do; or the likes of the Bow Group/Remainers keep making demands on opposite sides of the argument. You are either in denial or delusional.

*Absolutely incredible show of incompetence that their negotiating position wasn't decided a short while after May took over as PM.

Remainers talk of hard and soft brexit, for obvious reasons. Thus, the terms have to be used when discussing what they are proposing. The fact I've never seen anyone lock down what they mean with a soft brexit says a lot.

I've seen plenty of Brexiteers talk of hard and soft Brexit including Jacob Rees-Mogg.

Soft Brexit like hard Brexit at the extreme is relatively easy to lock down but there is a wide gulf in between. Hence the Cabinet's meeting in December.

Because it's talking on the terms the Remainers are using. What is Moggy supposed to do when the hard/soft boiled egg approach has been set?

It is the terms the media use including the pro leave media. I'm sure Jacob Rees-Mogg has the linguistic ability to discuss these issues without those terms if he wished.

So you acknowledge the issue exists just don't like the terms used then.

Not really, no. If someone calls a duck a quacker and all they talk about is quackers, what can you do? If you refuse to the use the term quackers, you're aloof and not particpating in the debate. Even if you know the term quacker is a bit of a silly one and ultimately meaningless.

Business runs the global economy not politicians. Politicians might like to think they can control the world economy but they will always lose. Germany tried to take control of Europe by force twice. They failed at Britain's borders. They've been trying to take Europe by political force with the EU model and again failed at Britain's borders. Thank goodness we're getting out!

And make it HARD - tax their Audi BMW and VW sales if they want to make an issue of it..........

There is no so thing as a hard brexit. Just brexit.

Rubbish.

The question on the ballot paper was "Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?" There was nothing about the terms of the departure - nothing about the single market, customs union, EEA membership, and hundreds of other things that most voters didn't even stop to consider. Indeed, that was one of my main reasons for voting Remain - I knew what I was getting, warts and all, whereas "Leave" was an amorphous vote for "something else" that could mean anything and has, predictably, been hijacked by a minority of hardline Eurosceptic rightwingers whom Theresa May is too weak to resist.

And make it HARD - tax their Audi BMW and VW sales if they want to make an issue of it..........

And what legal mechanism do you propose to use to do that? How exactly do you propose to tax different companies by different amounts?

You literally can't. What you're suggesting is illegal and unworkable.

Chief remainers Cameron & Osborne both said prior to the referendum that a vote to leave was a vote to leave the single market.

David Cameron, June 12: “The British public would be voting, if we Leave, to leave the EU and leave the Single Market.

George Osborne, June 8: “We’d be out of the Single Market, that’s the reality, Britain would be quitting, quitting the Single Market.”

Chief remainers Cameron & Osborne both said prior to the referendum that a vote to leave was a vote to leave the single market.

And lots of Leavers said it wasn't.

Daniel Hannan: "There is a free trade zone stretching all the way from Iceland to the Russian border. We will still be part of it after we Vote Leave."
Boris Johnson: “There will continue to be free trade, and access to the single market”

Besides, I'm not just talking about the single market. If "leaving" were a simple, defined position, why are we negotiating with the EU at all? The idea that Brexit was for a single, agreed position is a Leave fiction. Every Leave voter had a different vision (if they had any vision at all and weren't just casting a vague protest vote).

Last edited:
Not really, no. If someone calls a duck a quacker and all they talk about is quackers, what can you do? If you refuse to the use the term quackers, you're aloof and not particpating in the debate. Even if you know the term quacker is a bit of a silly one and ultimately meaningless.

So delusion then that there isn't a wide range of possibilities for Brexit.

Back
Top Bottom