National News The Brexit Thread 🇬🇧🇪🇺

I’ve decided to put all the budget for sport into Badminton, as well as commissioning a panel of experts to invent a new ‘national sport’. I’ve got Lenny Henry, Howard Donald, a lesbian called Shelley who I met in a care home, and Gail from Coronation Street.
Where do I vote?

Yellows Forum should take over.

Prime Minister - @Carpy
Deputy PM - @SteMerritt

Home Office - @Essexyellows
Ministry of Defence - @bazzer9461
Department for Sport - @RyanioBirdio
Ministry of Justice - @greatunclekip
Equalities Office - @bashamwonderland
Business and Trade @Eric Blair

What could possibly go wrong?
If I'm being relegated to the back benches I'm get a second job. 😡

Although I do see the minister for common sense brief is still up for grabs.

Yellows Forum should take over.

Prime Minister - @Carpy
Deputy PM - @SteMerritt

Home Office - @Essexyellows
Ministry of Defence - @bazzer9461
Department for Sport - @RyanioBirdio
Ministry of Justice - @greatunclekip
Equalities Office - @bashamwonderland
Business and Trade @Eric Blair

What could possibly go wrong?

Oddly enough I think this place could come up with a centre-ist resolution to most of the core issues in the UK.

That aside I would prefer Health Secretary - jeez I would have a field day and probably deliver savings of 25% of the NHS budget and increase efficiency three fold. :ROFLMAO:

After feedback will organise a reshuffle of the YF government.

Prime Minister - @Carpy (statesman like)
Deputy PM - @SteMerritt (I always feel like a deputy pm should just basically be a nice bloke)

Home Office - @bashamwonderland (Fits the role, bit of a John Terry, no nonsense throwback)
Ministry of Defence - @WuTang (knows more about defending than most current and former OUFC managers)
Department for Sport - @RyanioBirdio (I have fears about the Badminton spend but think he would actually tackle the big issues)
Ministry of Justice - @greatunclekip (He knows how to be persistent and fight for what is right, or possibly wrong depending on who's opinion it is)
Equalities Office - @QR (I disagree with him on almost everything politics wise but I do think he has a strong sense of fairness)
Business and Trade @Eric Blair (Got to play it sensible here, most sensible poster in charge of the economy)
Transport @wanderingyellow (humbly electing myself, I'd love to renationalise the rail, lower fares, start sorting the mess out)
Minister without portfolio - @Malc (Strikes me as the kind of guy who would do well in this role, a fair man)
Leader of the Commons - @bazzer9461 (he'd get people more engaged with tuning in to watch Parliament)
Health Minister - @Essexyellows (Slight fears it could result in a Braverman-style ousting, but I like the idea of cutting middle management and re-allocating to the frontline)
Minister for Scotland - @ScottishYellow (obvious choice)
Energy security and net zero - @Big Ron (we disagree on everything but his hearts in the right place)

Would need nominations for other positions. I genuinely don't think YF posters would be any worse than the current lot.

Deputy PM - @SteMerritt (I always feel like a deputy pm should just basically be a nice bloke)

Home Office - @bashamwonderland (Fits the role, bit of a John Terry, no nonsense throwback)
Ministry of Defence - @WuTang (knows more about defending than most current and former OUFC managers)
Department for Sport - @RyanioBirdio (I have fears about the Badminton spend but think he would actually tackle the big issues)
Ministry of Justice - @greatunclekip (He knows how to be persistent and fight for what is right, or possibly wrong depending on who's opinion it is)
Equalities Office - @QR (I disagree with him on almost everything politics wise but I do think he has a strong sense of fairness)
Business and Trade @Eric Blair (Got to play it sensible here, most sensible poster in charge of the economy)
Transport @wanderingyellow (humbly electing myself, I'd love to renationalise the rail, lower fares, start sorting the mess out)
Minister without portfolio - @Malc (Strikes me as the kind of guy who would do well in this role, a fair man)
Leader of the Commons - @bazzer9461 (he'd get people more engaged with tuning in to watch Parliament)
Health Minister - @Essexyellows (Slight fears it could result in a Braverman-style ousting, but I like the idea of cutting middle management and re-allocating to the frontline)
Energy security and net zero - @Big Ron (we disagree on everything but his hearts in the right place)

Would need nominations for other positions. I genuinely don't think YF posters would be any worse than the current lot.
The thing is - this is actually better than the current Cabinet although a chancellor is needed and I’d be happy to see @Scotchegg in post

As my first act in my new post, I will appoint Marston Road as Head of Counter-intelligence.

The thing is - this is actually better than the current Cabinet although a chancellor is needed and I’d be happy to see @Scotchegg in post
It would be interesting because rather than when you have one party in charge it would be genuinely a broad church of beliefs. Generally centre-leftish but a wide range of views and backgrounds represented.

I'm not sure Swindon fans would feel particularly happy about the diversity of football teams supported in the cabinet, however.

I also think we might get embroiled in scandals if Oxford United were suddenly playing in a state of the art 60,000 capacity stadium.

It would be interesting because rather than when you have one party in charge it would be genuinely a broad church of beliefs. Generally centre-leftish but a wide range of views and backgrounds represented.

I'm not sure Swindon fans would feel particularly happy about the diversity of football teams supported in the cabinet, however.

I also think we might get embroiled in scandals if Oxford United were suddenly playing in a state of the art 60,000 capacity stadium.
Hey, if 'nation states' can buy Man City, Newcastle, PSG, I'm sure another 'state' could bankroll OUFC...

Back
Top Bottom