National News The Brexit Thread πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡Ί

What by quitting, you pen-pushing leech on resources? ;)

I do very important numbers that aid cutting edge research and ensure legal & contractual compliance.
I also assist with coroners reports, Mortuary & Toxicology contracts and a wide range of other tech stuff that isn`t in my JD.
I provide immense VFM thank you, if the rest of the NHS had the same "can do, will do" ethic and levels of productivity we wouldn`t have a problem.
I also fit it all in to a 4 day week.

Vote for me. :)

I do very important numbers that aid cutting edge research and ensure legal & contractual compliance.
I also assist with coroners reports, Mortuary & Toxicology contracts and a wide range of other tech stuff that isn`t in my JD.
I provide immense VFM thank you, if the rest of the NHS had the same "can do, will do" ethic and levels of productivity we wouldn`t have a problem.
I also fit it all in to a 4 day week.

Vote for me. :)
As well as managing a staggering 17,000 plus posts on an obscure football forum (who knows what else you post on), whilst not really posting evening or weekends.

What a ledge :ROFLMAO:

I can 100% guarantee it will be a cluster-fudge of immense proportions.

Its happened before......... https://amp.theguardian.com/society/2013/sep/18/nhs-records-system-10bn

As each Trust uses many systems for everything from Scans, blood analysis to patient booking systems if the patient crosses, or choses to be treated, elsewhere the odds of the Consultant being able to view aspects of a patients records become much lower.

Point in question - I had an MRI in Colchester a good few years ago, moved up North 6 months later and the new consultant couldn`t open the file. Had to be re-scanned up here to progress which took time, resources etc etc.

One of my previous jobs was setting up some automated stock dispensing cabinets. Think of a vending machine - staff go to machine, fingerprint ID, select patient, then dispense items for Named Patient. The cabinet allocates items to the patient and we get Patient Level Costing to the best possible level.

That means the cabinet needs a data feed from the Patient Admission System and re-orders automatically to pre-set stock levels from the Trust "Shopping Catalogue" .

If either PAS or the Catalogue changes you need to wedge in an interface or translator ....... putting a weak link in the chain.

Multiply that by 215 Hospital Trusts and 1,000 hospitals and it would take decades to get them all standardised not withstanding advances in technology such as Blockchain, AI etc etc.

I`ll be retired by the time this s**tstorm hits!

In a world of coincidences..........

Last edited:
I can 100% guarantee it will be a cluster-fudge of immense proportions.

Its happened before......... https://amp.theguardian.com/society/2013/sep/18/nhs-records-system-10bn

As each Trust uses many systems for everything from Scans, blood analysis to patient booking systems if the patient crosses, or choses to be treated, elsewhere the odds of the Consultant being able to view aspects of a patients records become much lower.

Point in question - I had an MRI in Colchester a good few years ago, moved up North 6 months later and the new consultant couldn`t open the file. Had to be re-scanned up here to progress which took time, resources etc etc.

One of my previous jobs was setting up some automated stock dispensing cabinets. Think of a vending machine - staff go to machine, fingerprint ID, select patient, then dispense items for Named Patient. The cabinet allocates items to the patient and we get Patient Level Costing to the best possible level.

That means the cabinet needs a data feed from the Patient Admission System and re-orders automatically to pre-set stock levels from the Trust "Shopping Catalogue" .

If either PAS or the Catalogue changes you need to wedge in an interface or translator ....... putting a weak link in the chain.

Multiply that by 215 Hospital Trusts and 1,000 hospitals and it would take decades to get them all standardised not withstanding advances in technology such as Blockchain, AI etc etc.

I`ll be retired by the time this s**tstorm hits!

In a world of coincidences..........

I cant think of one public sector IT project that has worked well (cant think of many private sector ones either but they tend to be less high profile)

I cant think of one public sector IT project that has worked well (cant think of many private sector ones either but they tend to be less high profile)
Well we've renewed our passports at QR Towers recently and, save for one error on the part of the Passport Office (the process accepted a photo of a mini QR, to our surprise at the time, then subsequently required independent identification delaying that one passport) the online process was brilliant.

I think the success factor here is that it's a single, well defined, repeated process. As soon as your start needing to interface processes as @Essexyellows talks about above the resources that have to go into ensure the integrity of the whole thing soon outweigh any benefits gained.

Oh, and HMRC's tax returns system works well... if you know what you're doing and don't have any questions!

Last edited:
Well we've renewed our passports at QR Towers recently and, save for one error on the part of the Passport Office (the process accepted a photo of a mini QR, to our surprised at the time, then subsequently required independent identification delaying that one passport) the online process was brilliant.

I think the success factor here is that it's a single, well defined, repeated process. As soon as your start needing to interface processes as @Essexyellows talks about above the resources that have to go into ensure the integrity of the whole thing soon outweigh any benefits gained.

Oh, and HMRC's tax returns system works well... if you know what you're doing and don't have any questions!
To be honest @QR I regretted my post as soon as I made it. The sort of generalising B*****s comment that winds me up when I see it. I officially take it back. There are plenty of things that work.

Back
Top Bottom