• Call in the Donald

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Call in Noel Edmonds

Votes: 8 4.6%
  • I don't care anymore

Votes: 37 21.1%

• Total voters
What an unbelievable pile of s**t.

For the very little it's worth, speaking as an unmoved remainer, I agree with the Brexiteers who argue that a further arbitrary delay will achieve absolutely nothing.

Surely we ALL agree that a root and branch reform of UK politics is overdue?

For the very little it's worth, speaking as an unmoved remainer, I agree with the Brexiteers who argue that a further arbitrary delay will achieve absolutely nothing.

We'll see an election soon, just not on Johnson's timing would be my guess.

How?

I know.... let the people vote on important matters..... that works well. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

A form of proportional representation, based purely on County boundaries, is about the only possibility.

The electorate vote for a Party not an individual.

This means that you have a team of MPs that reflect the strength of the different political opinions in your area.

Ergo in Leicestershire we would have a mix of Labour MP`s from the City and Tories from the Shire plus a smattering of Lib Dem/Brexit folk.

“The best argument against Democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.” as the quote often wrongly attributed to Churchill goes.

I've no idea how.

One thing, Theresa May looked like she enjoyed yesterday, every photo I've seen of her she was smiling or laughing including a few when in the chamber.

So the Operation Yellowhammer report (the Gove et al. revised version) still hasn’t been released for the public to take a look at.

I wonder why that is?

So the Operation Yellowhammer report (the Gove et al. revised version) still hasn’t been released for the public to take a look at.

I wonder why that is?

Well, tbf it is dated August 2019, contrary to the government's claim that it is 'an old plan', so it is not that overdue.

According to today's Private Eye, "To fill the thousands of extra civil service posts required the government has arranged..... thousands of local government officials are to be re-allocated to Whitehall departments....
The army, including territorial volunteers are being issued with instructions to take over local government, in a civilian capacity, in the event of 'no deal'.

Providing social services, planning decisions, managing council tax - not what soldiers are normally selected for or trained for. This could be one reason?

Well, tbf it is dated August 2019, contrary to the government's claim that it is 'an old plan', so it is not that overdue.

According to today's Private Eye, "To fill the thousands of extra civil service posts required the government has arranged..... thousands of local government officials are to be re-allocated to Whitehall departments....
The army, including territorial volunteers are being issued with instructions to take over local government, in a civilian capacity, in the event of 'no deal'.

Providing social services, planning decisions, managing council tax - not what soldiers are normally selected for or trained for. This could be one reason?

I guess that’s what John Mills was referring to on the Channel 4 News last night when he said there’d be “a few bumps in the road”.

Back
Top Bottom