Ex Player Best ever foreign player

Neither of these can stake a claim for the best. But all memorable.

Cominelli was one of the Argentines that played the most under Diaz. Seem to remember that he'd go in 2 footed all the time!

Andre Arendse deserves a mention! Politest keeper were ever had. Waved at every ball that went into the area. Pretty famous guy in South Africa and played at the World Cup I think.

Hubert Busby Junior...!

Toni Martinez was pretty decent!!
Shame we couldn't have loaned him the following season, I'm sure he would have improved even more with us.
Look where he is now!!

And one for the 'old un's' Bud Houghton who was born in India to Anglo-Indian parents. Prolific goalscorer as we came up from non league to Div 4.

How about Juan Pablo Raponi or Matteo corbo
Tcham N'Toya wasn't bad either

Think a lot of these players played either only a few games for us (so difficult to judge whether they were that good) or weren't foreign in that they played international football for a foreign country while they are British (in my eyes at least).

It's actually a really tough one. On balance I would have to go for Remy and Evans, especially given the level of football we were playing with them in the team. With honourable mentions for Watson and Lundin.

Gorrin will, over time, also be seen in the same bracket I think.

If Fosu counts - born in London but played for Ghana - then I’d say him. If not then Richardinho or Gorrin, probably Richardinho on a purely technical level. Ceri Evans was a good player too.

I presume the idea here is that we are not including players born/grown up in the UK/Ireland, so no Roofe, for example.

They have all already been listed here. In no specific order.

Corbo
Raponi
Gorin
Lundin
Ricardinho

I'm sure there's a big one staring me in the face that I just can't see. Pretty sure it's not Xemi or Mark E'Beyer.

Back
Top Bottom