Ex Player A-Z Best and Worst Players (continued)

He was certainly training to be one and a few football reports not long after he left us allude to it.

Kevin Francis also became a police officer in Canada after his retirement. His quite literal long arm of the law has been apprehending criminals in Calgary.
Mind you being a Mountie his horse would have four legs plus two more from Kev

Another one from the 60's for best 'C'.... Bill Calder, nicknamed 'Barrel', a really old - fashioned centre forward built like a brick....house who knew where the goal was. Really enjoyed watching him play.

Wasnt he captain of england as well? Agree about management!

I think we may have forgotten Mark Wright!
What a crop of local players that came through , Wright added onto Brock, Thomas , Jones ( a couple of years earlier Jason Seacole who injuries sadly finished was another talent)

matt le tissier had a trial with us as a 16 yrar old. Martin keown was an oxford boy as well.
Yes his brother Kevin Le Tissier played a bit for youth side. Not local though , Martin Keown was although a few years later ...add Garry Parker and Tim Breacker who we also missed out on locally then even though we were at our height !

I thought Lee Mansell was appalling , absolutely appalling. Utter crap.

Never rated John Milkins either. Brian McDermott was useless in my view as was Steve McClaren

Scott McNiven was OK. Andy McCulloch was poor. Ian McCaldon , a very average ‘keeper.

Lee 'supporters player of the year' Mansell?

Shows how far we've come....

I thought Lee Mansell was appalling , absolutely appalling. Utter crap.

Never rated John Milkins either. Brian McDermott was useless in my view as was Steve McClaren

Scott McNiven was OK. Andy McCulloch was poor. Ian McCaldon , a very average ‘keeper.
We have had way worse than Lee Mansell hes carved out a reasonable career.

We have had way worse than Lee Mansell hes carved out a reasonable career.
Probably have had but I just thought he extremely underperformed albeit in a struggling side.
Yes he had a decent career but as well as OUFC losing it’s league status in 2006 where Mansell played 44 times, he also got relegated out of the league with both Torquay and Bristol R.

There were , in mitigation , many poor performers in Talbot’s disastrous 2005-2006 season.

Back
Top Bottom