Current Player #8 Cameron Brannagan

And to think...some were even suggesting he wasn't trying because Buckingham was in charge.....

He was clearly frustrated when things were going so wrong (who wasn't) and he will still ball players out when he can see them making brainless decisions and mistakes (as he did against Fleetwood), but nobody could ever accuse him of phoning it in.

He also looked more of a leader on Monday too. Not a natural captain but still an influential and respected senior member of the squad who needs to continue to assert that on and off the pitch.

You say 'when things were going so wrong' as though it was months ago! it was only 3 weeks ago we got demolished 5-0 and embarrassed on TV! We've made small steps of recovery since then but I don't think anyone's kidding themselves that more positive results against Port Vale, Shrewsbury (of sorts) and Fleetwood mean things are now going right. Let's see what we do to Peterborough, Lincoln and Stevenage - come through those with 7 points + and I think we will all agree that the Bolton debacle can be put to bed.

Things were going more wrong than they appear to be over the last few games, Dick. I didn't think it would be that hard for you to understand🤷‍♂️

He was outstanding on Monday.
This season has been up and down, but nobody could suggest that CB has given anything but 100% ( at times he has been very frustrated, understandingly).
I know that some have suggested that he is not young enough to give value to any Championship side, but I kind of hope that he gets his Championship move- he absolutely deserves it.

Brannagan was very good, he was trying to be both defensive and attacking central midfield all on his own. He's had a couple of poor (by his standards) games in the defensive role recently, but you could never accuse him of doing anything but his utmost. If he stays, I really hope we get a proper, talented defensive midfielder - he would really shine a bit further forward with someone reliable behind him.

Things were going more wrong than they appear to be over the last few games, Dick. I didn't think it would be that hard for you to understand🤷‍♂️

It isn't. My point was that you were making it sound all was rosy in the garden and that Vale, Shrewsbury and Fleetwood aren't a realistic barometer for what lies ahead of us.

That's all. 🤷‍♂️

It isn't. My point was that you were making it sound all was rosy in the garden and that Vale, Shrewsbury and Fleetwood aren't a realistic barometer for what lies ahead of us.

That's all. 🤷‍♂️
Not what I said, but the way you've decided to interpret it.

Does anyone think everything is rosy in the garden? Very much doubt it, but some of us at least live in the hope that the club will succeed, rather than the hope that the manager will fail.

Don't think you're going to be getting your wish any time soon Dicky boy!

I reckon the way Grant was talking in the program notes that they've already decided they're prepared to write this season off to experience, if we don't make it to or succeed in the play offs. He came across as really happy with the fact we're still in the mix!

Last edited:
Not what I said, but the way you've decided to interpret it.

Does anyone think everything is rosy in the garden? Very much doubt it, but some of us at least live in the hope that the club will succeed, rather than the hope that the manager will fail.

Don't think you're going to be getting your wish any time soon Dicky boy!

I reckon the way Grant was talking in the program notes that they've already decided they're prepared to write this season off to experience, if we don't make it succeed in the play offs. He came across as really happy with the fact we're still in the mix!

Don't think you've been reading my post Fleetwood posts. A very positive performance (80 minutes) and result. Well done to Des, keep it up, was basically the message from me.

Don't think you've been reading my post Fleetwood posts. A very positive performance (80 minutes) and result. Well done to Des, keep it up, was basically the message from me.
First time for everything I guess. Well done you for hopping on the positive bus for a wee while. However, I think we all know you have already decided that Des is not the man for the job longer term, that he and he alone is the root of all our problems on the field, and you are still hoping that he gets the push at the end of the season.

In fact after Bolton, weren't you arguing he should go then and that another manager could still get us into the playoffs?

He was outstanding on Monday.
This season has been up and down, but nobody could suggest that CB has given anything but 100% ( at times he has been very frustrated, understandingly).
I know that some have suggested that he is not young enough to give value to any Championship side, but I kind of hope that he gets his Championship move- he absolutely deserves it.
I love Brannagan. His energy and determination are second to none. He drags the team along at times. However, honestly, he lacks that bit of quality on the ball at times and that is why, in my view, other than Blackpool who were on their way down, no championship teams have seriously come in for him even when he had a fairly low release clause by championship standards.

I love Brannagan. His energy and determination are second to none. He drags the team along at times. However, honestly, he lacks that bit of quality on the ball at times and that is why, in my view, other than Blackpool who were on their way down, no championship teams have seriously come in for him even when he had a fairly low release clause by championship standards.
I appreciate that some think that.
If you look at Ryan Ledson as a comparative, I think that CBs distribution is better ( and obviously his scoring record). Appreciate that Ledson was a more DM player.
I have seen various suggestions ( albeit in local Bristol papers) suggesting that Manning would do a lot worse than trying to take Brannagan.
Let's see. I reckon that he would do well in the Championship, but appreciate that nobody has put their money on this yet.

How long is Cam’s contract? Presumably we won’t be signing him on again if he’s paid what the rumours say.

How long is Cam’s contract? Presumably we won’t be signing him on again if he’s paid what the rumours say.
and with that in mind we possibly should be looking to sell him as from January 25 he goes for nothing or you accept that and let him run his contract down.

Back
Top Bottom