Current Player #8 Cameron Brannagan

Nobody is saying never shoot from range, we just seem to show a complete disregard for other options now that’s all. Like a lot of our play now it’s basic and leaving too much to chance.
Yes ,because the option is to tippy tappy & pass back to much. Your not seeing decent crosses in the box no more, & the striker scoring a bullet header. No overhead kicks, etc etc .
Basically trying to walk it in ,& tap it in .
Not enough variation,no more.....

Yes ,because the option is to tippy tappy & pass back to much. Your not seeing decent crosses in the box no more, & the striker scoring a bullet header. No overhead kicks, etc etc .
But didn’t we see the largest number of crosses into the box against Northampton

Against Northampton we had 18 shots in total
8 inside the box and 10 from outside
(OUFC on the left NTFC on the right)

6Shots on target2
7Shots off target1
5Shots blocked3
8Shots inside box4
10Shots outside box2
18Total shots6

We don't talk about passing back anymore.
It's taken me 40 years to get over the Brock back pass.

But didn’t we see the largest number of crosses into the box against Northampton
Yes ,I think that maybe because we got a proper striker now.. who incidentally scored with his head..
Long may it continue...

It had us in contention for automatic promotion places for a period recently. A lot to be said for it when done properly.

It may not get you out of your seat for the full 90 minutes but I’d give my left arm for that feeling back that we can win every week and fear nobody.

It had us in contention for automatic promotion places for a period recently. A lot to be said for it when done properly.

It may not get you out of your seat for the full 90 minutes but I’d give my left arm for that feeling back that we can win every week and fear nobody.
I know what you mean, but it doesn't have to be tippy tappy ,pass back .To fear nobody& feel we can win every week.
There's more than one way to play football, there's different styles for different matches, & set times in game play.. we're to predictable.....

I know what you mean, but it doesn't have to be tippy tappy ,pass back .To fear nobody& feel we can win every week.
There's more than one way to play football, there's different styles for different matches, & set times in game play.. we're to predictable.....
Oh I definitely agree on how predictable we are. In case it wasn’t obvious I don’t like much at all about our team at this current moment and miss the Manning days terribly.

All about achieving a balance and finding the answer to what’s in front of you - neither of which we’ve managed under Des but had begun to master under Manning. So it’s disappointing to see us losing discipline and rushing to long range shots by default when the same core group of players have been seen to be a much better side than that this season.

IMG_6712.png

Interesting to see he’s still the best performing player in the league (almost 8/10 avg) according to FotMob but also can see he’s getting better - both by average rating and also goal contributions. ❤️

Attachments

• IMG_6711.png
    IMG_6711.png
    312.4 KB · Views: 15
Currently our joint most important player along with Josh Murphy. Need both of them to stay fit and in form for the rest of the season to have any chance of promotion.
And to think...some were even suggesting he wasn't trying because Buckingham was in charge.....

He was clearly frustrated when things were going so wrong (who wasn't) and he will still ball players out when he can see them making brainless decisions and mistakes (as he did against Fleetwood), but nobody could ever accuse him of phoning it in.

He also looked more of a leader on Monday too. Not a natural captain but still an influential and respected senior member of the squad who needs to continue to assert that on and off the pitch.

Playing out of his skin again, he's everywhere. As great a pro as he is - and as well rewarded as he supposedly is - I do wonder with CB just how much energy he has got left to try and get us promotion if we don't make it this season. It's seems to have been a personal mission of his to get us promoted and no one, absolutely no one, has tried harder - on the field or off the field. It would be a real shame if he were to end his career here with nothing to show for it, he deserves better than that.

Back
Top Bottom