Current Player Cameron Brannagan

Without going into the "Liam Kelly" He does the things you don't see! argument, the work Cam does in the middle occupies midfielders enabling RR to find space in the pockets, and it does go underappreciated.
Completely agree with that WY. He is first name on the team sheet for me.

Without going into the "Liam Kelly" He does the things you don't see! argument, the work Cam does in the middle occupies midfielders enabling RR to find space in the pockets, and it does go underappreciated.

You can also guarantee that if we dominate a half the way we dominated the first against Blackpool, and Cam is playing, we're not ending the game with only 4 shots!

The two Mcs are fine players, but they have the combined goalscoring threat of a sponge. And honestly, as well as he's playing, I've not seen much evidence from RR yet that he's willing to take a regular crack at goal either......he's always looking for the killer through ball too.

It's awesome scoring the perfect goal (like we did on Saturday). But a wicked deflection off the opposition centre half's a**e works just as well. But we're not getting any of those goals - from our midfield at least - without Cam in the team.

You can also guarantee that if we dominate a half the way we dominated the first against Blackpool, and Cam is playing, we're not ending the game with only 4 shots!

The two Mcs are fine players, but they have the combined goalscoring threat of a sponge. And honestly, as well as he's playing, I've not seen much evidence from RR yet that he's willing to take a regular crack at goal either......he's always looking for the killer through ball too.

It's awesome scoring the perfect goal (like we did on Saturday). But a wicked deflection off the opposition centre half's a**e works just as well. But we're not getting any of those goals - from our midfield at least - without Cam in the team.
“You’ve got to buy a ticket if you want to win the lottery” my old man used to shout at me when I played for the cubs footy team.

What a difference he makes.
McEachran can fill in for McGuane but neither can do what Brannagan does.
Great to see him back.
I hope our improved performance wasn't just down to him - it's a bit worrying if it was. Everyone seemed faster and more energetic. If he is that important then we really need to sign a deputy in January.

I think the change to a back four with two full backs comfortable coming forward, Mills coming on and Brannagans return played a big part in our improvement, Harris wasn't as isolated as we had far more runners forward joining up with him. Brannagan is class at this level so he does make a big difference, no team in this league wouldn't miss him.

I hope our improved performance wasn't just down to him - it's a bit worrying if it was. Everyone seemed faster and more energetic. If he is that important then we really need to sign a deputy in January.
I don't think that the improved performance was entirely due to Cam, but he is a completely different type of player to McEachran and McGuane and he does make a huge difference.
I don't think that Smyth or Gorrin are decent replacements when he is out, so yes I think that we do need an adequate back up.

What a difference he makes.
McEachran can fill in for McGuane but neither can do what Brannagan does.
Great to see him back.

We don't have anyone that can do what McGuane does either. We really need to hope both McGuane and Brannagan stay fit and available until January, and we need another in then who can get about the pitch for 90 minutes like those 2 do.

The fact we had 3 poor performances with Cameron out shows an awful lot in terms of depth in midfield. Let's also give him some credit he's a class act and has been for quite some time now, I can barely remember a bad performance from brannagan. At the very least he gives 110percent every time he puts on the shirt and I for one am glad we managed to keep hold of him numerous times when he could have jumped ship.

The fact we had 3 poor performances with Cameron out shows an awful lot in terms of depth in midfield. Let's also give him some credit he's a class act and has been for quite some time now, I can barely remember a bad performance from brannagan. At the very least he gives 110percent every time he puts on the shirt and I for one am glad we managed to keep hold of him numerous times when he could have jumped ship.
The problem is we've got 2 midfielders in McEachran and McGuane who play a similar style, both talented, and technically sound, but both very passive, and we lose any bite, intensity, inputs and drive in the midfield when it's just the two of them.

We've got nobody else in the squad who plays the game like Cam, and this needs to be addressed in January.

In the meantime, if Cam is out again at some point, I'd play a midfield three with Gorrin holding, and McEachran and Mcguane either side.

I'd also be very intrigued to see a midfield three of McEachran holding, with McGuane and Brannagan either side of him, that could be a devastating midfield!

The problem is we've got 2 midfielders in McEachran and McGuane who play a similar style, both talented, and technically sound, but both very passive, and we lose any bite, intensity, inputs and drive in the midfield when it's just the two of them.

We've got nobody else in the squad who plays the game like Cam, and this needs to be addressed in January.

In the meantime, if Cam is out again at some point, I'd play a midfield three with Gorrin holding, and McEachran and Mcguane either side.

I'd also be very intrigued to see a midfield three of McEachran holding, with McGuane and Brannagan either side of him, that could be a devastating midfield!
Interesting but who would you drop. Presuming you would go three at the back, Leigh on the left, Mills / Stevens on the right. And Rodriguez just behind Harris.

Back
Top Bottom