Current Player Cameron Brannagan

If Blackpool haven’t got much money looks like Cameron is off to the seaside

If you're looking for a dynamic, hard working, tough tackling, committed box-to-box midfielder then Brannagan ain't it. We had a chap in a few years ago - Xemi Fernandez, Barcelona youth prospect who pursued his dream of being a doctor as opposed to our dreams of staying within the beautiful game. Now HE was a midfielder and for 500k would be a steal right now.

probably in wrong section
All I take from that is that they don't have money to meet the release clause. In which case I doubt the club would even entertain a deal that includes Thornily.

Thornily is decent, but by no means great. Also bit short for a CB, a contributing factor to why we are not great at corners at either end.

I think him and McGuane have been a different class this season. There have been individual great performances from others so far but these have ebbed and flowed. The consistency and running of McGuane and Brannagan has been astonishing. With Elliott Moore behind them that's the nucleus that has allowed other team members to perform (sorry, mixed metaphor there - not sure a nucleus can allow things to perform but you get my drift).

Apparently doubtful for this evening.

He is one of those players that you realise how much you miss him.when he is not there (especially missed v Blackpool in the second half)

He is one of those players that you realise how much you miss him.when he is not there (especially missed v Blackpool in the second half)
I agree - I think we would have looked less tired had Cameron been in.

Without going into the "Liam Kelly" He does the things you don't see! argument, the work Cam does in the middle occupies midfielders enabling RR to find space in the pockets, and it does go underappreciated.

Back
Top Bottom