Home Match Day Thread 7/5/23 L1: OUFC v Accrington Stanley

Man of the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As long as they give a decent amount of time with the early bird discount I'm not too fussed if we don't hear anything today.
Oh I agree but when you've got fans wanting to part with their cash surely you should strike whilst the iron is hot 🤔

Oh I agree but when you've got fans wanting to part with their cash surely you should strike whilst the iron is hot 🤔
I am sure that people will wait a week or two...
Hopefully there will be some good deals and incentives and ST numbers are grown

It could work the other way though and fans too interested in today's game to worry about next season just yet. Announce them next Friday would be better.

Looking forward to the game today, there will be a few surprise results this afternoon, hopefully we are not one of them.

Respect the opposition today, the worst day of my 55 years supporting Oxford was v Orient.
Yes not good , was it twice against Orient???? My memory is not as great as it was , Jonny Shuker missed a penalty, & the team below us won. Or have I got thing's intertwined 😂🤘

Don't you just Love the Love that fans in the lower leagues have for there clubs not the plastic fans . I've supported Oxford for 52 years and counting it really is Oxford till I die. Up and down the country the stress ,the anquish the excitement we all feel its been a horrible season but let's get a 2-0 win get into the transfer season a couple of months off and get ready for the next ride. Looking forward to today. We'll done Liam for keeping us up.
55 years for me. My dad first took me to see the U's in 1968 and got hooked then. This club has become part of my soul and always will be. Let's end the season on a high. 2-0 to the Mighty Yellows

Respect the opposition today, the worst day of my 55 years supporting Oxford was v Orient.
One-upmanship thread: 56 years, six promotions, six relegations, me. No; nothing to be smug about - Accrington deserve respect, not gloating.

Yes not good , was it twice against Orient???? My memory is not as great as it was , Jonny Shuker missed a penalty, & the team below us won. Or have I got thing's intertwined 😂🤘
Yes a bit of a mixture of games there!!

One-upmanship thread: 56 years, six promotions, six relegations, me. No; nothing to be smug about - Accrington deserve respect, not gloating.
56 years for me as well! Good times and bad but that is football isn't it (and life generally)
It's why I hate Man U, Spurs fans etc moaning about their bad times and how tough it is ......

56 / 57 year for me , I will always be a yellow till I die. Also, I will always be gold & black . As a young boy ,it was gold & black wooden rattle, scarf, Bobble hat, & rosette....

Another game of watching from home as I’m still housebound recovering from an operation on my Ankle. I hope it’s a good game with a win and a good atmosphere.
Really looking forward to next season with Liam Manning at the helm.

COYY

56 / 57 year for me , I will always be a yellow till I die. Also, I will always be gold & black . As a young boy ,it was gold & black wooden rattle, scarf, Bobble hat, & rosette....
Me too. Cuckoo Lane end 😆

49 years for me. First game was Boxing Day 1974 v Millwall we won 3-1 was hooked from that day on.

Win or lose up the U's

Me too. Cuckoo Lane end 😆
Yes , me & my Dad started in the cuckoo lane . Then we moved to the osler red, half way line, by the old dug outs. Then the older I got , started creeping closer to the London rd . Next to the floodlights sometimes half way up them. Then the iron gate of right side of London rd, to smack bang in the middle of London rd .😂In fact nearly every inch of it , you couldn't beat the games of Tig under the cuckoo lane, it was pitch black & like a building site .😂

I am sure that people will wait a week or two...
Hopefully there will be some good deals and incentives and ST numbers are grown
People who will buy a ST anyway will wait. That includes most people that post daily on YF. This was a chance to tell thousands of people who don’t go to every game that there was a limited time deal, whilst they’re in a great mood after hopefully watching us win a third game in less than a fortnight and secure our L1 status.

Same with shirts. Most people will wait until next season, but we could have sold a lot today and then had people arriving for the first game in August, cash in their pocket to spend, shirt revenue secured months ago.

Commercially, it is poor. More ground to make up.

Back
Top Bottom