Current Player #5 Elliott Moore

that looks a great signing. would've preferred this one sorted earlier to get the back line solid but I'm sure he'll soon get up to speed.
getting bloody excited now like a kid on xmas eve

Nice big chap, will hopefully give is a nice physical presence (like the Mark Creighton/ Chey Dunkley *) and looks like a younger (slightly taller) Robert Huth - who of course he would have shared a fair few training sessions with, hopefully Leicester will rue letting Moore go - like the various teams who had Huth before he settled at Leicester and became part of a league title winning team.
..... Or he could be another Phil Whelan (shudder).... Hopefully one of the former lol

*I didn't pop Matt Elliott in that bracket as any comparison (even if only in physical stature) to the great one at this early stage would be massively unfair.

Just been watching video of Moore.

Rangy CB that is similar to Dickie. Strong aerial presence, a threat in the opposition box and capable of playing long diagonals. Looks good positionally however lacks a little pace over the first couple of yards

Can anyone comment on how he’s done since coming into the side? Does he look good, promising, etc. I’ve not been to any of the games he’s started.

Can anyone comment on how he’s done since coming into the side? Does he look good, promising, etc. I’ve not been to any of the games he’s started.

He looks promising but not the finished article. On Saturday he was beaten in the air for Bristol's second goal by a striker that was good few inches shorter than him, and yesterday he was beaten in the air in the build up to their second goal (although that was against Tom Elliot so I will cut him some slack). I also think he may have let his man get across him too easily for their second goal last night although I haven't seen it back yet so not 100% sure.

He's heavier footed than Dickie so not as adept as bringing the ball out, but he looks fairly comfortable with the ball at his feet and his happy to knock it about.

I think I'd like to see him be more aggressive when attacking the ball as, with his size, he could be a very dominant CB.

Last edited:
He looks promising but not the finished article. On Saturday he was beaten in the air for Bristol's second goal by a striker that was good few inches shorter than him, and yesterday he was beaten in the air in the build up to their second goal (although that was against Tom Elliot so I will cut him some slack). I also think he may have let his man get across him too easily for their second goal last night although I haven't seen it back yet so not 100% sure.

He's heavier footed than Dickie so not as adept as bringing the ball out, but he looks fairly comfortable with the ball at his feet and his happy to knock it about.

I think I'd like to see him be more aggressive when attacking the ball as, with his size, he could be a very dominant CB.
Agree with that. It is concerning that he has lost out on crucial headers he should have won. He also seems a bit slow to react at times. Very important that he improves.

Dickie took a bit of time to settle into the side and first team football.

I have seen Moore on Saturday and yesterday and he is a little way off what we would hope for but I hope he gets a fair chance.

He is obviously settling in and it might take a bit of time, but from what I have seen, there is no reason why he can't be at least as good as Rob Dickie. I thought he was pretty decent last night, he won a lot of headers. He might have done better with the 2nd goal, but overall I think he did ok. He is only going to get better.

Thought he showed promise against Peterborough in the cup, I think he will come good with some 'Moore' game time.

I think hes done pretty well in his first few games of EFL 'mens' football. His heading was quite good against Peterborough and was a fair bit better again than Bristol Rovers last night. He seemed out of his depth at Rovers, maybe the hype around the game? His passing is good although another yard on him in terms of pace would be ideal. Also, he was playing on his 'wrong' side last night IIRC so credit for that.

If he can also improve his attacking at corners I think we'll have a very good CB to pair with Dickie.

Dickie was quite poor at the beginning , often bullied off the ball, weak in the tackle . Now he is playing on his favoured right side we have one hell of a player who had developed leaps (no pun intended this time) and bounds. We have to give Moore time to develop and then we might have a great partnership.

Back
Top Bottom