Current Player Elliott Moores contract

Brilliant, I wasn't aware of this. That gives us a lot more time to negotiate a new contract.

He and McNally will have a good understanding by the end of the season. Get a couple fullbacks in the summer and we'll be very strong at the back.

Good to see Moore having a go at Brannagan, I like to see a captain acting like a leader and putting other - maybe higher profile players - in their place. Not that Brannagan was doing too much wrong but Moore took charge of the situation. A colossal performance from him in every respect.

All reports when he signed neglected to mention any option years:

Moore was also asked about contract talks after the Lincoln game: https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/19835244.oxford-uniteds-elliott-moore-lincoln-contract-talks/

OM has described Moore as being "in the last 6 months of his contract": https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/19834744.karl-robinson-makes-oxford-united-contracts-plea/

Why hasn't this information been available before?

Great news if true, I was thinking if we didn't go up them him, Sykes and Brannagan will be out the door which is three key players. If Moore stays then that would be a result.

As far as incomings I thought this window was a little underwhelming, if I were the club if have been tempted to announce yesterday morning that this option had been taken up, it's not like we're not going to do it anyway.

Apparently it is true that we do have the option for a further year.

Any chance the extra year is a clause triggered by something (total appearances), that wouldn't have been met in the summer but is now active?

I guess it both increases the chances of him playing here next season, but also that he’ll be sold for a few if he refuses and new contract going into his last year.

Bizarre that this wasn't better known to the point where there was the odd awkward interview with him on RadOx about his future with the club.
I have to say, it's really odd. It's never been mentioned at all.

Not sure that makes a difference. If a club comes in and offers at least double your salary it's a no brainer despite being in the same league.
If we get to the Championship I assume that his salary will increase significantly.

Back
Top Bottom