Ex Player Matty Elliott/Gilly Podcast

Marked Ox

God like member
Another very good listen.

My fault but didn't realise they were doing one, as I'd loved to have asked ME if he remembers the Wycombe away game when he had odds of 25-1 to score the 1st goal. Memories of him coming out to warm up with the whole away end chanting about it. Iirc, he got sent off in the match.

I'd loved to have asked ME if he remembers the Wycombe away game when he had odds of 25-1 to score the 1st goal.
I think just about everyone in the stand had money on him ? of course, bookies proved right in the end.

Although i was at an FA Cup game in 1996 away to Nottingham Forest where the bookies had Oxford to win 1-0 with Paul Moody scoring at 250-1, and we all lumped on that as well, bloody bookies won again as it finished 1-1 ?

I got in a question about Matt Elliott making me cry when he left for Leicester. He seemed to be genuinely a bit sad that he might have upset fans!

It was an excellent Pod - these and the T’Manor podcasts have been really excellent. Much recommended.

Matt Elliott Under the Cosh podcast

Some great stories about his time at Oxford 38:00-106:00 but the whole thing is worth a watch!

Thanks for sharing. Just watched a couple of minutes and it was hilarious... Absolutely priceless stories about Terry Gordon's pranks at The Manor. I must admit that, despite having heard of Terry, I didn't know who he was. Sadly he passed away a couple of years ago and, having found this article about him in the OM, I now recognise him from after-match drinks in the Supporters' Club. I'm sure many on here will have known him and remember him fondly. Club legend! (of a different sort)

Thanks for sharing. Just watched a couple of minutes and it was hilarious... Absolutely priceless stories about Terry Gordon's pranks at The Manor. I must admit that, despite having heard of Terry, I didn't know who he was. Sadly he passed away a couple of years ago and, having found this article about him in the OM, I now recognise him from after-match drinks in the Supporters' Club. I'm sure many on here will have known him and remember him fondly. Club legend! (of a different sort)
Almost all his stories featured people that have now sadly passed, Justin Fashanu, (the coat story was gold) Terry Gordon and Mickey Lewis.

Last edited:
Knew the story, but never seen that photo of him chasing the players before. What a character 🤣

352862264.article-962.jpg

It's also the fact that you can tell the other lads are in on it by the cheeky grins on their faces - probably having gone through some similar Terry hazing themselves! Wonderful pic.

Pretended to be a crazy drunk, pulled out a replica gun on Paul Tait and chased him round. Tait grabbed a golf club from his car to defend himself, and left Terry with 4 stitches in his hand. All the other players were in stitches too 😂

The Justin Fashanu story in that re the coat! 😂😂

Pretended to be a crazy drunk, pulled out a replica gun on Paul Tait and chased him round. Tait grabbed a golf club from his car to defend himself, and left Terry with 4 stitches in his hand. All the other players were in stitches too 😂
Sounds like a complete dick who’s lucky he wasn’t seriously injured.

It’s definitely an extreme prank but everyonr else was obviously in on it. I wouldnt have been brave(or daft) enough to do what he did!

Back
Top Bottom