Votes: 49 61.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 26 32.5%
  • Stevenage

Votes: 5 6.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Our sold out away allocation is gonna watch us stick it to Stevenage and fatboy Evans with a convincing win. Seriously looking forward to it! It will be a new ground for me - which pub will we be taking over?

Exeter were a decent team that we contained, frustrated and punished through pace on the break. No reason why we shouldn't be looking to start with the same 11.

IF I was making a change, it would be to bring McEachran in for Ruben to give a bit more bit in midfield, but the danger with that is Bodin will be horribly exposed upfront and could nullify our impact to break with numbers.
Not sure I would drop RR after his first MOTM performance for us! Would also presumably necessitate a change in system to a Robbo-esque 433, which would be a big risk. You could maybe push cam into the CAM but not sure it’s the fixture to be tinkering.

Not sure I would change anything to be honest. Brown’s solidity at LB will keep him there imo. I think the big headache will be Thorniley or Negru at CB. I can see the argument for the more physical Negru but I think it’s worth keeping the more experienced JT for this one, especially since that back five has kept two clean sheets in a row.

Not sure I would change anything to be honest. Brown’s solidity at LB will keep him there imo. I think the big headache will be Thorniley or Negru at CB. I can see the argument for the more physical Negru but I think it’s worth keeping the more experienced JT for this one, especially since that back five has kept two clean sheets in a row.

Agreed - the defenders have not conceded a goal, and you can count the number of half-chances they've given up over the past two games on one hand. Would be really odd to change anything when it's been going so well defensively.

I think people are also assuming that this Stevenage side will be a bunch of overly physical ogres because their manager is one, and one of the game's most unpleasant people. But the forwards they've been using are Kane Hemmings, Jamie Reid (who I don't remember being a big or an overly physical player) and some kid from Man U. They may well be well versed in the dark arts and good from set pieces, but I would expect them to be playing some football rather than lumping it long every time they get the ball.

Also makes me laugh to see so many people so excited for their first trip to Stevenage! Wonder if that will still be the case after they've spent a couple of hours in an industrial estate on the edge of a soulless New Town!
(though from what I remember, the stadium itself is fine......)

Our sold out away allocation is gonna watch us stick it to Stevenage and fatboy Evans with a convincing win. Seriously looking forward to it! It will be a new ground for me - which pub will we be taking over?
I'm heading to The Roebuck but only because I'm short on time and the bus I'm getting drops off outside. Also going to The Bricklayers Arms in Luton on the way home - that is a good pub and even better when Luton are away and their scummy fans aren't in there!
Also makes me laugh to see so many people so excited for their first trip to Stevenage! Wonder if that will still be the case after they've spent a couple of hours in an industrial estate on the edge of a soulless New Town!
(though from what I remember, the stadium itself is fine......)
I've never been to Stevenage either and would much rather we were away at pretty much any other team in the league. Looking forward to the match and the packed away end but not the journey there or the town or the pubs or the journey back. Might start enjoying myself once I've had a couple of pints and we're 2-0 up!

If it’s anything like our last league trip there, they’ll be loving it. Although I’m hoping Beadle won’t go full Slocombe and get himself lobbed from the halfway line.

I'll take the ticket please!
It was you I had in mind, but it looks like someone's accepted the job and can start in time, so I can probably go. I'll DM you on here if not, but if you don't hear from me by Friday 6pm, it's not available.

As others have said, should be able to get in the home end, just drag your knuckles on the ground and swear a lot (I was brung up ere).

Stevenage have started the season well - but it's also worth pointing out that 7 of the sides they've faced sit 15th or lower in the table (and they’ve only played Pompey of the current Top 9).

Not saying they won't do ok this season (I've predicted them to finish the highest of the promoted clubs) - but a start to the season that includes games against Orient, Cheltenham, Northampton, Reading, Shrewsbury and Carlisle should be yielding a fair few points for any side looking to finish at least mid-table.

For us, the abomination at Cambridge seems to be weighing heavily for some - but it's worth noting that aside from the well documented lack of McGuane (coming on after the game was lost) - it pre-dates both Mills starting games and Edwards being with the club at all. Big improvements.

I just can't imagine us being that poor again (the only time we've dropped any points since is when we only had 9 players on the pitch).

Of course we won't win every game - but I reckon we'll continue to win most.

Stevenage have started the season well - but it's also worth pointing out that 7 of the sides they've faced sit 15th or lower in the table (and they’ve only played Pompey of the current Top 9).

Not saying they won't do ok this season (I've predicted them to finish the highest of the promoted clubs) - but a start to the season that includes games against Orient, Cheltenham, Northampton, Reading, Shrewsbury and Carlisle should be yielding a fair few points for any side looking to finish at least mid-table.

For us, the abomination at Cambridge seems to be weighing heavily for some - but it's worth noting that aside from the well documented lack of McGuane (coming on after the game was lost) - it pre-dates both Mills starting games and Edwards being with the club at all. Big improvements.

I just can't imagine us being that poor again (the only time we've dropped any points since is when we only had 9 players on the pitch).

Of course we won't win every game - but I reckon we'll continue to win most.
...and were playing vs. 12

if he's a stickler for rules ( 44 yellow cards says he is) , here's hoping Fatty n Raynor both get red-carded
Sometimes I like to look at Paul’s old fans views to see what he has said about a particular referee in the past. I find it a pretty good barometer of how I’m likely to feel about a ref.

Mr. Brook has only refereed us once before: Cheltenham at home on New Years Day last year. I’d like to be hopeful that Mr Brook has turned over a new leaf and will be strictly following the new time wasting guidance, but from Paul’s report last year, I wouldn’t say the omens are particularly promising for Saturday…..

It is a truly horrible ground and not easy to get to.
Unpleasant manager too.
Hoping we can beat them with passing football and quick dashes along the flanks with clinical finishing.
I would be happy with a draw.

Some points of interest in this Stevenage fan preview - looks like we should expect a high and very active press and plenty of diagonal balls hit toward the penalty box.

Some points of interest in this Stevenage fan preview - looks like we should expect a high and very active press and plenty of diagonal balls hit toward the penalty box.

McGuane is going to get fouled about 800 times. Hopefully the ref is strong.

Sorry all, but 3 of us are arriving Saturday morning from Perth to go to the next 3 games, so the Us will doubtless go into a temporary slump for 8 days. After that results will probably pick up. Sorry again.

OH NO! If that's what it takes for us to go into a slump perhaps I should rethink my plans for coming over for the last three games in October.

Maybe I should wait and see how we fare during your visit.

McGuane is going to get fouled about 800 times. Hopefully the ref is strong.
If so, I expect Mr Evans and his sidekick to react sportingly and support the officials in doing their job. 🤔

OH NO! If that's what it takes for us to go into a slump perhaps I should rethink my plans for coming over for the last three games in October.

Maybe I should wait and see how we fare during your visit.
We should have coordinated!

Sorry all, but 3 of us are arriving Saturday morning from Perth to go to the next 3 games, so the Us will doubtless go into a temporary slump for 8 days. After that results will probably pick up. Sorry again.
Imagine you are taking the Caledonian Sleeper to Kings Cross and crossing over to Paddington for the last leg. Lovely way to travel.

Imagine you are taking the Caledonian Sleeper to Kings Cross and crossing over to Paddington for the last leg. Lovely way to travel.
Lol - wrong Perth. Dreamliner to LHR and then hire car up to the beautiful parish of St Evenage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom