Home Match Build Up 30/01/2024 L1: OUFC v Portsmouth

Who Will Win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm shocked Pompey & a local derby against Reading hasn't already been sold out a couple of day's ago.
We're 7th not bloody rock bottom.
What has the new Wembley & play off fans showing there true colours. It's all a bit bizzarre....

I'll be honest, I am utterly confused how anyone could be an Oxford fan if they only want to go to games where there's a good chance of us winning and playing entertaining football? What exactly did they do in the decade between 1999 and 2009??

Yes, we'll probably lose tomorrow, but we've still got some decent players so there's always hope. And Pompey always bring a few and make some noise so there's a chance, under the lights, for one of the better atmospheres of the season if people would just go and give it some effort.

(and on the tactical side - has to be four at the back, please. 3-4-2-1 just isn't working - our attacks have no width and we're not looking any stronger defensively despite ostensibly having the extra man back there. OK, that means that Goodrham and Burey both have to start in wide positions with no obvious cover behind them on the bench......but better to start that way and have a chance at building up some impetus, than change it to that after 45-60 minutes when we're already behind, as happened both games last week)
We’ll see who the true fans are tomorrow night. I’m annoyed and disappointed with how the club is being run but not supporting in person is never an option unless you can’t go due to money issues or prior commitments of course then it’s understandable. To not go cos you think it’s boring football or you don’t like the bad run of form is a pretty awful indictment of what type of fan you are.

I'm shocked Pompey & a local derby against Reading hasn't already been sold out a couple of day's ago.
We're 7th not bloody rock bottom.
What has the new Wembley & play off fans showing there true colours. It's all a bit bizzarre....
Going to games and supporting the players is so passé.

A true fan wears his/her non-attendance as a badge of honour and does so safe in the knowledge that it is they that is the true fan.

It's when the team is not doing so well, & the going gets tough, the club need the fans to turn up & be vocal a support the team.
This reminds me ,as if we are being relegated. If we don't sell out against Reading ,we'll that thread on tin pot Reading is a mockery...

It's when the team is not doing so well, & the going gets tough, the club need the fans to turn up & be vocal a support the team.
This reminds me ,as if we are being relegated. If we don't sell out against Reading ,we'll that thread on tin pot Reading is a mockery...
the early kick off ( at tvp's demand) isn't going to help the gate on saturday- that said it being Reading , it should be 9.5-10 k at the game even with the stupid early kick off time

the early kick off ( at tvp's demand) isn't going to help the gate on saturday- that said it being Reading , it should be 9.5-10 k at the game even with the stupid early kick off time
Yes your right early kick offs do put people off I suppose, but it is Saturday not Tuesday night.
Who knows anymore 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

No Murphy tomorrow night, again.

What was his diagnosis again?
It's definitely whatever malaise he had last year, hence the use of "maybe" and "probably" when all the other injuries were "should" and "will" be back by a certain day.

It's definitely whatever malaise he had last year, hence the use of "maybe" and "probably" when all the other injuries were "should" and "will" be back by a certain day.

Something is off.

Went off on 23.12 as a precaution after having some ‘tightness’.

5 weeks on and he’s not been seen since and no clear explanation as to what the issue is from Buckingham.

Bodin - Achilles
Browne - Hamstring
Edwards - Hamstring
Bennett - calf
Murphy - ???

Something is off.

Went off on 23.12 as a precaution after having some ‘tightness’.

5 weeks on and he’s not been seen since and no clear explanation as to what the issue is from Buckingham.

Bodin - Achilles
Browne - Hamstring
Edwards - Hamstring
Bennett - calf
Murphy - ???
I'm convinced it's an off field issue and as someone who is a compulsive gambler (not saying it's exactly that) I sympathise. But nowadays when there's not such a stigma around mental health you'd think that the club would put out a carefully worded statement rather than him disappearing from the match day squad for months on end with no explanation.

No Murphy tomorrow night, again.

What was his diagnosis again?

It's ok, he'll be back for the final four games of the season where he'll show two or three moments of electric pace to skin a full back only to shank a cross/shot into the East Stand.

And then it'll be "I'd give him a one year deal on reduced terms" all over this f**king forum.

I’m going but my usual optimism is being quickly eroded. Away win, just can’t see where a winning performance will come from at the moment. Prove me wrong Ffs.
As Sven Goran Eriksson used to say: “in football anything is possible”

I’ll be there, it’s no effort for me, I can’t claim I make big sacrifices. A win would be great but even a battling draw would do a lot for morale.
I’m not coming from far so I won’t claim to be a hero for attending

It's ok, he'll be back for the final four games of the season where he'll show two or three moments of electric pace to skin a full back only to shank a cross/shot into the East Stand.

And then it'll be "I'd give him a one year deal on reduced terms" all over this f**king forum.
I think if he had been playing well ( like he showed a month or so ago) and had kept that going until the end of the season then yes possibly now its just got to be a no as quite a surreal situation with perceived ' tightness ' and a precaution becomes how long ?

2-0 win. We have a little bit of a hex over Pompey.

Not really getting the vitriol on the forum, compared to the last 25 seasons, (,all in the bottom 3 divisions) , this is one hell of a campaign.

Which also seems to be borne out by the crowds we’ve been getting.

Some supporters seem a little entitled these days.

Maybe not the ones who were around in 2006 maybe..

Back
Top Bottom