Home Match Build Up 30/01/2024 L1: OUFC v Portsmouth

Who Will Win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
In the hey days ,everyone would of be chomping at the bit,& in heaven. At the last few games Bristol rovers, Pompey, Reading,& a weekend in Blackpool. What's gone wrong with some of our fan's
Win, lose ,or draw . Promotion, relegation, mid table it didn't matter..

Money is tight for most, it's a tuesday, we're dull and uninspiring to watch, and there's a high chance we lose.

I don't really think 'loyalty' comes into it, for many it just doesn't make sense to go.

To be fair isn’t going when it’s starting to go tits up a sign of loyalty? Not much of a test if we are winning every game 6-0.

Personally I go to home games unless something comes up I can’t get out of or I am unwell/injured, just what I have done for years, it’s survived me moving 50 miles away, not actually sure if it’s loyalty, routine or just happy to get away from the family though.

We'll do surprisingly well , hold them to 0:0.....until they get a penalty in the last minute of 9 minutes of extra time

Last edited:
To be fair isn’t going when it’s starting to go tits up a sign of loyalty? Not much of a test if we are winning every game 6-0.

Personally I go to home games unless something comes up I can’t get out of or I am unwell/injured, just what I have done for years, it’s survived me moving 50 miles away, not actually sure if it’s loyalty, routine or just happy to get away from the family though.
I actually enjoy it, though maybe in a funny way. I like chatting to the mates I go with but I also find the games absorbing, anything can happen even if you think the outcome is going to be predictable.

I actually enjoy it, though maybe in a funny way. I like chatting to the mates I go with but I also find the games absorbing, anything can happen even if you think the outcome is going to be predictable.

True, although I would say I enjoy spells of games where either side is on top or it occasionally gets end to end, most games have a dull spell where you can catch up with your mates.

I know I should support the team through thick and thin but really cannot be motivated to drive 130miles each way to watch our team play half a game, get played off the park, concede a gut-wrenching load of goals, offer nothing going forward, put in an insipid defensive display without even a flicker of hope or inspiration or any clue as to what we're trying to do.
So sorry but for this one I'm staying at home.

130 miles each way? From Jericho?? Are you taking the Frieze Way alternative route as calculated by FoSB?!

Sales are still very sluggish - 2,705 home seats remaining at 6.15pm on Monday with lots of availability in all sections of the ground.

That means home seats sales of 6,849. Add in 1500 from Pompey and say 200 for the boxes and we are at about 8,550 overall. We may just struggle above 9,000 but will fall a long way short of 10,000 which would have looked highly achievable a few weeks ago.

By contrast, only 1,070 seats left for the Reading match on Saturday with only 180 left in the North Stand and 117 in the East Stand.

Last edited:
I'll be honest, I am utterly confused how anyone could be an Oxford fan if they only want to go to games where there's a good chance of us winning and playing entertaining football? What exactly did they do in the decade between 1999 and 2009??

Yes, we'll probably lose tomorrow, but we've still got some decent players so there's always hope. And Pompey always bring a few and make some noise so there's a chance, under the lights, for one of the better atmospheres of the season if people would just go and give it some effort.

(and on the tactical side - has to be four at the back, please. 3-4-2-1 just isn't working - our attacks have no width and we're not looking any stronger defensively despite ostensibly having the extra man back there. OK, that means that Goodrham and Burey both have to start in wide positions with no obvious cover behind them on the bench......but better to start that way and have a chance at building up some impetus, than change it to that after 45-60 minutes when we're already behind, as happened both games last week)

Back
Top Bottom