Home Match Day Thread 3/10/20 L1 - OUFC v Crewe Alexandra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw this on FB................so many wrongs....
View attachment 4710
This is pretty much as per KR’s interview on BBC Oxford at approx 3:14pm (for anyone who wants to listen back).
The first Crewe player came off at half-time against Newcastle and didn’t travel to Oxford. The second player has a young child and didn’t think it was right that the rest of the Crewe squad weren’t tested once the first player tested positive. So he got his own test which gave a positive result this morning. No mention that his child was showing symptoms.

Crewe / the 2nd player should have done what several off of our players did last week - travel separately from the rest of the squad. If Crewe didn’t know about his test until he got the result they should Have contacted OUFC and not have travelled to the ground.

A certain skullduggery here or is there..when did we know about the test..was it just from player gossip?

This is pretty much as per KR’s interview on BBC Oxford at approx 3:14pm (for anyone who wants to listen back).
The first Crewe player came off at half-time against Newcastle and didn’t travel to Oxford. The second player has a young child and didn’t think it was right that the rest of the Crewe squad weren’t tested once the first player tested positive. So he got his own test which gave a positive result this morning. No mention that his child was showing symptoms.

Crewe / the 2nd player should have done what several off of our players did last week - travel separately from the rest of the squad. If Crewe didn’t know about his test until he got the result they should Have contacted OUFC and not have travelled to the ground.

That’s wrong on one point. Once the 2nd player (Wintle) had decided to take a test, for whatever reason, he should have self-isolated, until he got his result, NOT travelled on the coach. He should also have told the club that he’d taken a test. If he didn’t, that’s doubly wrong. I’d he did, and Crewe still brought him, that’s irresponsible to a high degree.

But even worse, once Crewe had the result this morning, what the Hell were they thinking that they could travel to our ground, tell us about the result only then, and STILL want to play a football game?

Astonishing frankly. They need to be penalised, simple as.

That’s wrong on one point. Once the 2nd player (Wintle) had decided to take a test, for whatever reason, he should have self-isolated, until he got his result, NOT travelled on the coach. He should also have told the club that he’d taken a test. If he didn’t, that’s doubly wrong. I’d he did, and Crewe still brought him, that’s irresponsible to a high degree.

But even worse, once Crewe had the result this morning, what the Hell were they thinking that they could travel to our ground, tell us about the result only then, and STILL want to play a football game?

Astonishing frankly. They need to be penalised, simple as.
I said he should have travelled separately so not sure what you are disagreeing with? Agree with you he should have self-isolated as well - apologies if my post wasn’t complete enough for you!

Ryan Wintle was the player who came off at half time (and was replaced by Harry Pickering who scored Crewe’s goal) against Newcastle U21 - it was a different player with the young child who arranged his own test.

So who was it on match build up who said the game wouldn’t be going ahead?

Ryan Wintle was the player who came off at half time (and was replaced by Harry Pickering who scored Crewe’s goal) against Newcastle U21 - it was a different player with the young child who arranged his own test.

Yes, the second player was Omar Beckles. I’ve read that he didn’t feel comfortable that the squad wasn’t tested after the Tuesday game and organised his own private test as he had a poorly child at home too. Critically though despite his admirable means of getting tested, chose to continue to train and then travel with the squad whilst awaiting the test result. He should have been self isolating whilst awaiting results as per NHS guidelines.

That’s my understanding of it anyway.

Have Crewe got a football forum . only Found about 2 posts on their forum about this ?

I remember once when Crewe were a model of decency and respect. With the Gradi fiasco and David the Dickhead Artell it has all gone a bit awry it seems.

Yep, Barry Bennell too. They knew he was noncing around the youth team yet swept it under the carpet. Seems like the club have a problem with not dealing with uncomfortable truths

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom