Home Match Day Thread 17/11/2020 L1 OUFC v Crewe Alexandra

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not about formations or specific players on the evidence of last night, there seems to be a general lack of confidence and certainty in the team. Much as I like him, you’re in trouble if your best player is Sam Long.
Yep if you know every game that the opposition are going to score from their first or second attempt in the game,every game.then you feel beaten already.

Would have hoped Tiger and NMW would have a clause written into his contract regarding failure and the compo to be paid if he is sacked
No manager would sign something like that, whilst in the middle of an existing deal. That’s a sign of no confidence, before you’ve even begun. I do wonder about you sometimes, Bazzer. Would you sign something like that? I wouldn’t.

Could it be that having been given a new 4 year contract he's trying to get sacked and receive substantial compensation? If so, he's going the right way about it.
You think he’s asked Clare, Ruffels, Eastwood, Henry etc to suddenly become s**t at their job, so that he loses his? As much as I agree that he is partly to blame, as soon as the players cross the white line, they are responsible for their efforts. MANY players have been absolutely woeful and that’s not KR’s fault. How much can one man do, before you have to look at the players?

You think he’s asked Clare, Ruffels, Eastwood, Henry etc to suddenly become s**t at their job, so that he loses his? As much as I agree that he is partly to blame, as soon as the players cross the white line, they are responsible for their efforts. MANY players have been absolutely woeful and that’s not KR’s fault. How much can one man do, before you have to look at the players?
The manager is accountable. The results and performances are a byproduct of his recruitment, his tactics, his methods of motivation, his coaching staff and the culture he creates at the football club. I really enjoyed last season and thought we would have gone up automatically if not for covid. Eastwood, Henry, Sykes, Taylor, Ruffels, Gorrin etc are still with us and were important players last year - I just can't believe that a whole nucleus of players can be so very poor at the same time if there is not an underlying issue. Maybe there is something going on we don't know about because I can't believe that Robinson has lost the plot overnight!

The manager is accountable. The results and performances are a byproduct of his recruitment, his tactics, his methods of motivation, his coaching staff and the culture he creates at the football club. I really enjoyed last season and thought we would have gone up automatically if not for covid. Eastwood, Henry, Sykes, Taylor, Ruffels, Gorrin etc are still with us and were important players last year - I just can't believe that a whole nucleus of players can be so very poor at the same time if there is not an underlying issue. Maybe there is something going on we don't know about because I can't believe that Robinson has lost the plot overnight!
Players get paid to play. You can blame the manager all you want and for the most part, it’s justified. However, if I don’t perform at work, I get bollocked. If I keep underperforming, I get the sack. At the end of the day, you have to be held accountable for your actions. These are grown men. Karl Robinson is a manager, not a baby-sitter. Players aren’t even getting the basics right. That’s not on Karl, that’s on them! They are supposed to be professionals.

I can think of at least 6 players that I want to see leave, before Karl Robinson does..

He may not have lost the plot but persisting with the same broken formula is heading down that path. KR needs to start looking at the reality of what and where we are rather than the dream of "it will all come together ". No substitute for hard work!!

No manager would sign something like that, whilst in the middle of an existing deal. That’s a sign of no confidence, before you’ve even begun. I do wonder about you sometimes, Bazzer. Would you sign something like that? I wouldn’t.
It will be very costly to Tiger and OUFC and I wouldn’t be to sure there used to be in players contracts if they were relegated can’t see that being any different to managers, it’s a results based buisness

Players get paid to play. You can blame the manager all you want and for the most part, it’s justified. However, if I don’t perform at work, I get bollocked. If I keep underperforming, I get the sack. At the end of the day, you have to be held accountable for your actions. These are grown men. Karl Robinson is a manager, not a baby-sitter. Players aren’t even getting the basics right. That’s not on Karl, that’s on them! They are supposed to be professionals.

I can think of at least 6 players that I want to see leave, before Karl Robinson does..

then what’s the point of having coaches

No, but they have become s**t at their job so what's the explanation for that?

Tell me who picks the combination of players who play, the tactics they play, directions from the touchline?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom